Reunited

Paige

I ran. Out of the living room. Through the hallway, and out the front door. Down the porch steps. I'm sure the others are close behind me, but i don't really care. I didn't stop until i got to him. I could finally be back in his arms again.

Except I couldn't. Because Zac and Kayla stepped in front of him. Kayla whispered something to one of the guys holding Chandler up and then she moved aside so I could get a good look at him.

My poor baby was covered in blood and bruises. The guy on his right let go of him and punched him in the jaw. My mouth fell open as I  watched him fall to the ground and pass out.

I snapped. My blood was boiling.

"What the fuck do you want from me? HUH?!?! What the fuck did I ever do to you? Huh?! Fucking tell me bitch!!!" I yelled at Kayla. I swung at her and almost punched her, but Lucas and Glenn held me back.

"You know why." Kayla sneered, narrowing her blue eyes at me.

I had half a mind to kill the bitch. I wiggled and tried to pull my arms out of Glenn and Lucas' grip, but it was no good. Damn they were strong.

"We want revenge for our mother." Zac said.

Kayla stared me down before saying, "Now, listen to me."

I spat at her. Literally spat. It landed in her long blonde hair. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself.

"NO! YOU listen to ME bitch!" I sneered at her. That shut her right up.

"I will tell you what happened to you mother as long as you promise to never come back here again. You have to promise to leave and go far, far away." I told them.

"Deal." They both said.

I sighed. "Your mother was bit." I told them.

Kayla's mouth opened in shock and Zac and Allison watched me.

"She told me that it had been quite some time, and she knew that she would turn anytime. She asked me to kill her that night. So I did." I told them.

At this point, they were all looking at the ground, sad. Zac and Allison both had silent tears running down their cheeks. Kayla looked deep in thought.

"B-but there's one thing I don't understand. Why did she scream?" Kayla asked me.

"She didn't. I did." I told them, and you could tell that it shocked them.

"But why?" Zac asked me.

I sighed once again. "Because your mother didn't want you guys to know that she had been bitten. So, I made it seem like I killed her out of cold blood so that you guys wouldn't know the real reason. She asked me to do it because she didn't want to risk your lives and she knew that none of you would be able to do it when the time came. And I know as a mother i would rather die than hurt my child, so I respected her wishes. I am very sorry." At this point, they all had tears streaming down their faces and Glenn and Lucas had let go of me.

"That does sound like her." Zac said.

"Paige, I'm so sorry." Kayla told me.

"Apology accepted. Now leave and never come back." I told them.

"We really are sorry Paige." Kayla said again, before heading to her van with the two guys and Zac in tow.

"Allison, let's go." Kayla said, looking at the small girl standing off to the side. She looked so scared.

"No." She said, standing up.

"What?" Kayla said, shocked.

"I'm not going with you, Kayla." she sneered "If it is alright, I would like to stay here, with them." Kayla stared at her in disbelief while Allison looked at me for approval.

I turned around, looking at the rest of the group. They all looked at me, waiting for my answer. I took in a sharp breath and turned back to Allison.

"Of course you can stay." I said to her, extending my arm towards her.

"Thank you." she said, coming to stand next to me.

"Goodbye Zac and Kayla." I sneered, " Have a nice life." and with that, they piled into their van and left.

Glenn and Lucas took Chandler into the house and laid him on the couch, I showed Allison the room that she could stay in and everyone else headed to bed.

I stayed up and sat in a chair next to the couch, waiting for the love of my life to finally wake up. I decided to clean him up. I got a washcloth and some water. By the time I had finished, I went through two washcloths and three bowls of water and I was exhausted. I closed my eyes to rest them and that was the last thing I remembered.