Belle of the Ball

Hiya! I'm gonna update right now. That's Dawn on the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn and Kennedy were finally ready. They could hear the bass of the music from across the hall. Dawn had never felt so nervous in her life.

'I'm gonna puke. This is gonna be the most horrible experience ever.' Dawn began to pace her room. 'Am I trying to hard with this dress? What if everyone thinks I'm a slut?'

"I can feel you worrying in there and you need to stop," Kennedy yelled from the bathroom.

"I can't help it. I've never been to one of Brandon's parties. I don't know what to expect. I'm gonna make a fool of myself."

Kennedy walked out of the bathroom and grabbed Dawn's arm. "Come here." She pulled her over to the mirror. "Look at you. What do you have to worry about? You look perfect. All eyes are gonna be on you. And if somebody messes with you I'll be right there. But I have a feeling that a certain party host is going to be occupying you time anyway." Kennedy smirked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Dawn blushed and tried to cover it up by rolling her eyes. "Shut up and let's go. I don't want to be too 'fashionably late'."

They linked arms and made their way down the hallway.

***

Trent answered the door when they knocked. "Hey girls! Lookin good. Welcome to the partay!"

"Hiya, Trent!" Kennedy giggled. Dawn gave her a strange look but she just shrugged her shoulders and went in.

It was just as Ken had described it. Everyone was dressed in their finest "casual". The music was loud and the people who were actually dancing were grinding like there was no tomorrow. The other guests were chatting with each other or just observing. Almost everyone had a beer. And almost everyone had their eyes on her.

"Do you guys want a drink?" Trent asked as he led them through the packed party.

"Yea!" Kennedy said before Dawn could object. "We'll both take one."

Dawn wasn't sure she really wanted to drink. The last time she got drunk at a party it didn't go very well. She shuddered remembering the horrible event.

"Ok. You guys can wait here while I go get them. Oh! Hey, Tyla. The girls finally arrived." Trent left toward the kitchen.

Dawn thought Tyla was the image of being cool at a party. She wasn't trying to hard to impress anyone. She and Roman were perfect together because they are both so chill.

Tyla gave them a small smile and wave. "I've been waiting for you girls since this party started. Roman just left me here to hang with the boys. Everyone here is too much and I really can't deal with that." They all laughed and began to talk about random subjects.

"Did three hot chicks order some beer?!" They all turned around to see Brandon and Roman with the beer. Roman handed one to Tyla and place his arm on her waist.

"I resent that!" Kennedy exclaimed, jokingly. "I am a respectable woman, not some chick."

Everybody chuckled. "Ok ok excuse me. Here you go, ma'am." Brandon handed her a bottle. "And here you go, Dawn." Before he stepped away he whispered to her," You look absolutely irresistible in that dress, by the way." Dawn blushed and took a swig of her beer. She tried not to grimace. It was still as bland as ever.

They all mad small talk as Dawn tried to ignore Brandon's close proximity.

"Hey, babe. I got something to show you over there." Roman said, raising his eyebrows at Tyla.

Brandon stage whispered to the other girls, "That's code for make out in the hallway." Roman rolled his eyes and tugged Tyla through the crowd.

They continued to talk. Dawn could feel herself getting slightly dizzy. 'Really?' she thought to herself, 'One beer is all it takes? I hope Ken watches out for me.'

A few minutes later, Trent's voice yelled from the kitchen, "Kennedy! I bet you can't beat me in a round of beer pong!"

Dawn knew Ken would accept the offer. Ken never backs down from a challenge. "Oh it's on, skater boy! Prepare to be defeated!"

Kennedy made her way through the guests toward the kitchen, leaving Dawn and Brandon alone.

Neither of them knew what to say so they just stood there awkwardly sipping their beer.

Brandon decided to start conversation. "How's the beer? I didn't really think you would like it."

"Actually it's a little bland for my taste. I'm more of a fruity drink kind of girl, as surprising as it may seem." Dawn giggled slightly.

"Let me get you one of these little margarita things. One of the girls brought them over. It's still beer but it has some fruit stuff in it. You should like it as long as you don't mind a little bit more alcohol." He reached into the cooler behind the couch they were standing next to.

"I'm already a little tipsy so why the heck not," Dawn said as she cracked open the can.

Brandon chuckled and drank the last of his beer. Dawn tasted the new drink. It was much better than the beer.

They continued to talk and Dawn continued to down the little margarita beers. As she got drunker, she became much opener.

"Braaaandon. I'm just so glad you invited me to this party," she slurred as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "I've juss been workin so hard at school and I needed this break. I'm having so much fuuuun!" she giggled and hiccuped.

Brandon couldn't help but laugh at her. This is a side of Dawn that probably no one had seen. "I think you've had enough of these," he said as he took the can from her and put his arm around her shoulder so she wouldn't fall over.

She pouted and crossed her arms. "You are no fun, mister."

The song changed to a slow song and all of the couples changed from grinding to swaying together.

"Would you maybe want to dance with me?" Brandon asked her holding out his hand.

"Of course, kind sir. As long as you can hold me up," she said as she grabbed his hand.

He pulled her toward him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't worry. I got you." He lifted her up slightly and placed her on top of his feet.

She giggled. "I feel like a little girl," she said. She snuggled her head into his chest as he began to rock them side to side.

They swayed silently for most of the song. Brandon rested his head on top of her head.

"Dawn? Can I tell you something?"

"Hmm?" He could feel the vibrations of her voice against his chest.

"I'm really happy that you actually came. I've wanted you for a long time. You're just so closed off. I want to try to and get to know you better."

She turned her head and looked at him with a small smile. "I think I'd like that. You're a lot sweeter than I thought."

He smiled back at her and continued to stare into her hazel eyes. He had never noticed how intricate and beautiful they were. He realized that he had leaned down and that they're faces were very close.

"May I kiss you?" He wanted to show her that he could actually be a gentleman.

She just nodded her head and pulled his face down until their lips met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't put in a song because you guys can put in any song you think would fit. But Intro by The xx or the Iris cover by Sleeping with Sirens (on the side) were what I thought of. I hope you had a good week. See you in two weeks. I'm going on vacation!

Ilysm

FarmCheese