How we met

Ever since, I never knew my Dad, and Mom doesn't really talk about him. It was fine with me. Because me and Mom were doing fine alone. 

She was always busy because of work. 

When I was a kid, I'd always have a nanny around all day while she was working, sometimes she'd miss dinner, so I eat alone. She always comes home late. 

I spend time alone most of the time, I remember that my nanny was always on the phone, she doens't play with me. And I never asked why.

The day I met Garner, it was a Sunday. Normally, nanny was on a day-off, and me and mom will go to the park, it's the only time I got to spend time with her. 

The park was only a few blocks away from her office.

That day, while she was on the bench, and I was playing, someone called her on the phone. And I saw her expression was, somewhat alerted? Like it was an emergency. While I was staring at her, she came to me and said,

"Sarah, mommy has to go to a meeting okay? Its very urgent. Its gonna take 15 minutes. Mommy can't bring you there inside the office. Stay here and don't talk or go with any stranger. Mommy will be back, and we'll go to the toystore for your 7th birthday present okay?"

"Yes, mommy." I uttered as I stared at her.

"I love you" She kissed me on the forehead and ran off.

I saw her enter the building of her office.

That afternoon, a lot kids were there, it was a sunday. I lost track of time. 

While I was alone on the swing, I started to feel sad. Because it was my birthday, and yet I felt sad. I don't know why. I started to cry, when this kid approached me and said,

"Why are you crying?"

I looked up and saw a boy maybe my age.

"Because its my birthday and I'm sad." I said.

He stared at me and walked away. I cried even more.

Minutes later, he came back and said.

"I got you something."

I looked up saw him holding 3 pieces of flower he picked.

"Happy birthday!" he said as he wiped the tears from my face.

That's how I met Garner.