Let go

I called Garner's mother. And suprisingly she picked up,

"Hello, Sarah." she said

"Goodevening Mrs. White, may I speak with Garner?" I asked.

There was a long silence.

"Sarah, Garner passed away, 2am today." she said.

He made it alive 2 hours today, my birthday.

"I'm sorry, Sarah." she said and she started to sob as well.

"Thank you informing me Mrs. White, please inform me about the service." I said and hung up.

For a few minutes I stared at the ceiling and glanced at the baby blue box.

I got up and opened it.

Inside, there were a lot of small boxes of different shapes, sizes and colors. With numbers written each.

I opened the one that said "19" it was a square box, the biggest of them all. I opened it and found an iPad. 

I turned it on and looked at videos. I smiled as I saw his handsome face.

He was in London, wearing a beanie and a coat and he was with my Mom.

"Hey beautiful! I'm in London! I'm sorry about yesterday morning... I hope you read the letter I gave you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!"

Then my Mom started to talk... "Hey Sarah! Garner told me about the day you guys met! It was a sweet day, but I'm hurt because of what happened to him. You're a strong girl, Sarah. Remember that I'm always here for you, it may not be physically. Happy Birthday Sarah! I'll see you in a few days! Love you sweetie!"

Then it was back to Garner

"Sarah, the necklace that I gave you, it's the key to the box of the gift for your wedding day. I love you." 

Then my mom started crying.

Then the video was over.

I started to cry again.