:(

Another week passed and I didn't see Garner around school anymore. No calls, no messages.

I always wondered where he went and that he was not going back.

I wondered where his family migrated. Maybe they went to London, because Garner's father was English.

Next Tuesday is my birthday. I think I'm gonna spend it without Garner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was June 12. My birthday. I expected to Garner and surprise me, show on the hallways or tickle me if I go out my last class.

But nothing.

My phone vibrated, I took it out, expecting a text message from Garner but no.

From: Mom

Hey sweetie! happy birthday! Im sorry I cant make it home today, my business trip was extended. I hope you're okay. see you soon. love, mom

Another sucky birthday, I said to myself.

I walked home, I hope Garner will be outside our front door. But no.

I went inside the house and placed my backpack on the couch then replied to my mom. Seconds later there was a knock. I ran to the front door excited and opened it.

"Ms. Sarah?" the mailman asked.

"Uhm, yes." I answered.

"Sign here."

I did then he handed me an envelope.

"Thank you." I said.

Excited, I went in and sat at the couch and opened the letter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey princess, go up your room and open the box.

Love, Garner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran upstairs to my room and saw a huge baby blue box at the top of my desk.

I saw another envelope on top of it, I sat down my bed and started to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Sar, sorry I broke in. You told me where you placed your extra to your house one time. I always kept that in mind. 

Happy Birthday beautiful! I'm sorry I couldn't make it today.

12 years ago today, we met for the first time. You were the prettiest girl I've ever seen. That's why when I saw you crying, I said to myself, I had to do something. And from that day on, I never wanted to see you cry so I made a promise to make your birthday every year special.

I just want you to know that, I love everything about you. The way your dark brown eyes light up when tell me about your favorite stories or books, particularly Romeo and Juliet. The cute way your body reacts to my tickles.The way you smile or laugh about the simplest things makes my heart jump. The way your perfect wavy black hair falls to your shoulders and the way you place them behind your ear... is breth-takingly beautiful. You are the perfect definition of a Beautiful Mess, Sarah.

My mother gave me a necklace when I was 15, she said my father gave it to her before they got married. She told I'll give it to someone close to my heart. I gave it to you.

I saw you walking one day, wearing the red hoodie I gave you during your 16th birthday, that day my mom told me that we'll be leaving for London the next day so that I'll be with my Father. 

Remember 2 months ago? When we we're at the playground. The way you looked far away, admiring the sky, made me stare at you the whole time you weren't looking. 

I'm sorry about the past weeks Sarah, I truly am. But I had to stop school, because my mom said it was dangerous for me. But I just couldn't find the right words to tell you. So I kept it a secret for almost a year.

I was diagnosed with Leukemia. I didn't take or respond to any medication they gave me. I didn't want you to see me in pain, I never wanted to see you cry anymore. The doctor said I had at 6 months to live. But I'm lucky that, it was extended.

I was glad that I finally had the guts to kiss you, but for goodbye. 

The night you fell asleep in my arms, I prayed to God that I wanted to be healthy and spend the rest of my life with you, but some things can't last long enough.

I'm so sorry Sarah. 

I hope I still made you happy today, with all these gifts.

You have to promise me one thing, promise me that you'll only open the gift at the right year. I prepared you a gift until you turn 50.

And one for your wedding day. 

Promise me that you'll find the right man, a man who'll love you more than I did. 

You will always be my best friend.

Love,

Garner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I held the heart pendant that I wore on my neck and started to cry.