The Playground

The bell rang, it's 3 in the afternoon. Often times like this during dismissal, I'd walk alone going home.

As I approached the door, someone from behind tickled me.

I shrieked and dropped my phone.

I turned around and saw Garner laughing.

"GOSH! YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!!!" I said and punched his chest and stormed away, mad and irritated.

"Heeeeey Sar, I'm sorry." he said as he was trying to catch up with me.

I stopped and looked at him, I saw his worried face. I saw how sincere his eyes were.

"Gosh, you're like a brother to me." I said as I took his arm.

"Hey, I wanna take you somewhere!" he beamed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He took me to the playground where we first met.

We sat down on the swing. It was a sunny afternoon. We just sat there for a few minutes.

"You know what?" I asked without looking at him.

"What?" he asked.

"My birthday's near." I said and giggled.

"IN 2 MONTHS!" he said shocked.

"Will you have any surprises for me like the ones before?" I asked, teasing.

"Why will I tell you? It won't be a surprise anymore." he said.

I smiled. Ever since my 7th birthday, he always prepared something special for me during my birthday.

This year, I'm expecting it.