chapter 8

Kashmere "kash"

The Date

Once we took off in the car, i took the chance to look around. We were in an 2016 range rover and he had on a rolex with diamond earrings.Which mean he had pretty penny.  “So Money where are we headed?”

“It's a surprise.” He responded.

“Why? I hate surprises.”

“Cause it is. Now sit back and enjoy the ride.” He said with a smirk that made me want to jump him right in traffic. I sat back and tried to enjoy the ride as he stated but i hate not being prepared. He must have noticed me being antsy.

“Ok busy body, how about we start to get to know each other now.”

“Ok.”

“Ok, so how old are you?”

“ 22. You?”

“Damn youngin.” he said while laughing. “But years in 25.”

“Wow three years you’re so old.” we asked each other some other simple questions like favorite movie and color til we pulled up to Jay Alexander's restaurant.  

He valeted the car and we walked in to the restaurant, and was greeted by and very excited hostess. “Hi welcome to Jay Alexander's. “

“Hello i called ahead and made a reservation under Wills.” She looked at her computer and looked at him with an amused look.

“Ok i see you right here, you to follow me.” we followed her to a section that was closed of to the public. . “Alright you two, heres your section your waitress will be here shortly.

I look around and was impress, nobody took the time to set something special for me. “This is Great Money. You didn't have to do all this.”

He took out my seat signaling me to sit down. “Yes i did, this is long overdue and i don't do mediocre baby.” I leaned over to give him a kiss when the waitress stepped in.

“Hi, im Tiffany, i’ll be waiting on you two tonight. Can i start you off with something to drink while you look over the menu.”

He looked over at me and asked me if i wanted red or white wine. “Red.” She left the menus and left saying she will be back with there finest red wine. We sat in a comfortable silence, reading over the menu. After a like 5 minutes the waitress came back. “So what did you guys decide.” i look over at Money. “ i kinda wanna try everything.” “ok. So can we get the Smoked Salmon Dip* , Carolina Crab Cakes and the taco and chicken taco platters with the chocolate cake for dessert.” she look shocked but wrote everything down. “Oh and leave the bottle.” He said referring to the wine. Once she left the table we burst out laughing.

“So Kash, how did a 22 year old own and run a successful dance studio?”

“Ummm, with a lot of help.”

“How so?”

“Well first off it didn't start off as mine,it was my mothers before she passed. I just used to dance to dance there. She had partners that took over til i was 18. Then she was mine and it was either sink or swim. I had a pretty good idea of how to run the business from my mom but it wasn't enough. So i took business classes at night for like a year just to understand the “not so fun part” like taxes and marketing. After that i guess i just became a natural. What about you, what do you do.”

“A lot. I own a few companies in atlanta and when my family decided to move here i took the move to, to own more.”

“What type of business, if you don't mind me asking.?”

“It's no problem, i own a liquor store and two laundromats in atlanta. And now i'm trying to get into real estate.”

“Oh wow, that's great, where are you looking to buy.”

“Well now in looking at this apartment building in downtown detroit.”

“Wow that's amazing, with all the gentrification going on, it's great seeing a black man buying back the hood.”

“What yo ass know about the hood.”

“Alot, don't let the pretty face fool you kid.” He laughed as all our food arrived. We laughed and ate our food, while keeping up the conversation. After drinking most of the wine and half the food we left. In the car i was feeling extra bold so i undid my seatbelt and leaned over and starting kissing his neck. I could tell he was feeling what i was doing cause his grip on the steering wheel tightened and he started speeding.