I Wanna Be Yours

it was 6:45 and I was ready to go to Matts. I had chosen to wear black leggings, a white vest, knitted cardigan and black high top converse. I kept my make up on from school and my hair was down in loose brown curls from wearing it up all day. "bye mum!" I called from the door and started to walk down the road. as I neared Matts house I could hear guitars being tuned, I walked up the drive and knocked on the door to find that it had been left open. I pushed it and walked in shutting it quietly behind me. Matts parent must be out this weekend, I thought, and walked towards the garage door. "hi guys" I called as I walked. "hey" Matt called back and came over and gave me a hug. I was then greeted by a couple of friendly "hellos" and "you alrights?" from Nick and Jamie. "where's Alex?" I asked, "oh he's out having a fag I think love" Matt replied and walked back over to the drum kit. I decided to sit down on one of the beanbags and the door was flung open. of course it was Alex. "you alright darlin'?" he smirked and walked to the mic. he was so arrogant and cocky. I rolled my eyes an groaned internally. Alex picked up his guitar and nodded at Matt. he began to play a slow beat song and Jamie and Nick joined in, as well as Matt.
"have you got colour in you cheeks,
do you ever get the feel' that you can't shift the type that sticks around like summat in your teeth.
are there some aces up your sleeve, have you no idea that you're in deep I dreamt about you nearly every night this week.
how many secrets can you keep.
cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat, until I fall asleep, spilling drinks on my settee.
do I wanna know, if this feeling flows both ways
sad to see you go, was sorta hoping that you'd stay
baby we both know, that the nights are mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day
crawling back to you, ever thought of calling when you've had a few, cause I always do
maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new, now I've thought it through
crawling back to you
so have you got the guts, been wondering if your hearts still open and if so I wanna know what time it shuts
simmer down and pucker up, I'm sorry to interrupt it's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you
I don't know if you, feel the same as I do
but we could be together, if you wanted too,
do I wanna know, if this feeling flows both ways
sad to see you go, was sorta hoping that you'd stay
baby we both know, that the nights are mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day
crawling back to you, ever thought of calling when you've had a few, cause I always do
maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new, now I've thought it through
crawling back to you"

Alex sang into the mic, but he looked at me the whole way through the song. staring intently with his dark eyes that made him look like he was thinking intently of something. the song ended and they began to play another. this one was slower and Alex swayed slightly to the music.
"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust.
I wanna be your ford cortina, I will never rust.
if you like your coffee hot, let me be your coffee pot.
you call the shots babe, I just wanna be yours.
secrets I have held in my heart, are harder to hide than I thought, maybe I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours.
let me be your leccum meter, I'll never run out
let me be your portable heater that you'll get cold without
I wanna be your setting lotion
I wanna be holding hand deep devotion
at least as deep as the pacific ocean
I wanna be yours
secrets I have held in my heart, are harder to hide than I thought, maybe I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours.
I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust.
I wanna be your ford cortina, I will never rust.
I just wanna be yours"

I recognised the song straight away. it was John Cooper-Clarks poem that we had studied in english. once again he stared at me through out the song. when they had finished I had to excuse myself as I couldn't be in the room with Alex. how had he made my feel like that? why did he? was it some kind of joke? I stood in the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "pull yourself together Lucy." I told myself, took a deep breath and walked out. Alex was outside leaning up against the wall. "did you like it then?" he asked smirking, knowing full well what he had done to me. "yeah I did, I had no idea that you could sing! well not like that at least." I blushed. "oh there's a lot of things that you don't know about me love" he replied still keeping his cool. I could feel myself blushing and quickly walked back towards the garage, to safety, to Matt. what the hell had just happened with Alex? he didn't like me and I didn't like him... or did i? I wasn't sure anymore...
"that was brill Matt" I chirped and sat down on his lap. "thanks babe" he replied and wrapped his arms around my waist. a few times me and Matt had been more than just friends but we had decided it was best not to. but he had been the only guy I'd ever slept with, so we were pretty close in that sense as well. "we're not gonna play anymore tonight love" he smiled, hugging me tighter. I turned to face him and pouted. "but I wanna hear more" I replied sulkily, crossing my arms over my chest. Matt started laughing and I giggled as well. "you can crash here for the night if you want? the boys are as well."
"yeah that'd be great" I smiled and kissed his cheek. just as I did Alex walked into the room, he did not look happy. "what's up mate?" Matt asked, "don't 'what's up mate' me" he replied grumpily. he sat down in one of the beanbags and sulked. "what's up with him?" I whispered to Matt, "I honestly don't have a clue" he whispered back, his breath tickled my neck. I shrugged my shoulders and went over to talk to Alex. "what's up?" I asked, "nothing," he snapped "why would you care anyway?"
"sorry I just thought you might want to talk to someone but if you're going to be like that then there's no point" I replied harshly.
"sorry, I just don't like how you and Matt are together is all" Alex hung his head low, I'd never seen him like this before, all the cockiness and arrogance seemed to have gone. "what do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow, "it's nothing don't worry" he replied, so I got up and went back to sit on Matts lap again.
"what was up with him?" Matt asked, "oh nothing" I replied and sank into his chest. Matt started to play with my hair and draw circles on my back with his fingers which made me giggle slightly. "I'm looking forward to your party tomorrow" Matt smirked, shit I'd forgot about that, luckily everything was kind of ready. "yeah me too" I replied and began to drift off too sleep.