Chapter 13

Laura's POV

I was woken by a harsh knocking on the door.
"I'll get it," Lorenzo's sleepy voice mumbled. I heard shuffling from his room. Zero. I heard my door creak open and my white haired friend walked in.
"What's wrong Zero?" I asked her.
"I can't sleep," she replied. I suddenly heard a clash and shouting. Zero and I raced downstairs to see Connie shouting at Lorenzo.
"I have just hit my brother, I will not hesitate to hit you," she growled.
"Connie, I can explain what happened. We-" he was cut off by Connie.
"No contact from you. Just Laura dropping in a text to say that you are okay!" Connie snapped.
"Never bring my little sister into an argument between us," Lorenzo snapped back.
"You bring her up on the street for a year, she nearly died. You are gonna be the death of your sister," Connie finished as she stormed out of the door, slamming it behind her. I have never seen my brother so angry as he curled his hands up into fists and punched the wall. I didn't want Connie to bring up my near death. Zero squeezed my hand and hummed a little. I felt my cheeks getting wet as I started to cry. Lorenzo turned around and looked at me. He had pain and anger in his eyes. Zero let go of my hand and stepped closer to my brother.
"Lorenzo, let us take you to the hospital. Your hand is clearly broken," Zero said sympathetically.
"I blew my one chance," Lorenzo mumbled.
"Come on Lorenzo," Zero said, pulling him by his uninjured arm out of the front door. I followed, unsure of Zero's intentions for the first time since I met her. Maybe she likes Lorenzo, or maybe we didn't cure her.
"I can take myself. I'm a lot older than you and I don't want you to experience my crap driving," Lorenzo snapped at Zero. She shrunk back from him, surprised.
"Lorenzo. I will drive," I groaned, my head hurting. I felt my fingers growing warm from the anger I felt from my brother, my father and Connie. Suddenly fire blazed from my finger tips, shooting towards my brother.
"LAURA!" Lorenzo yelled as he dived out of the way.
"I don't know what I'm doing!" I screamed back at him. Zero smiled in delight.
"Discord shall be happy," she grinned. Lorenzo glared at Zero.
"You sneaky, double faced, little bitch," Lorenzo said, anger shaking his rational mind. He advanced towards Zero, but he didn't get there in time; I got there first. I grabbed Zero by the throat and allowed my mind focus on the fire I felt inside me. Zero screamed as she erupted into flame, turning into a pile of ash at my feet. I felt fatigued as I swayed on the spot, Lorenzo catching me with his good arm.
"I'm calling Serenity," Lorenzo stated.