Chapter 18

~~~Jaxon's POV~~~

I'm concerned about Connie. She's been gone for ages. I miss my feisty little sister. I admit that I have been a complete prat recently and that I should give the twins more freedom, but I want to wrap them in bubble wrap and lock them away so they won't get hurt. The doorbell rang and I rushed to answer it. Discord stood there, completely soaked through. I growled.
"Why are you here?" I demanded.
"Just to offer you some help with finding your sister," Discord smiled.  It wasn't a smile of caring, but a smile of a malicious being who had just found its prey.
"We are doing fine on our own," I growled.
"Are you?" He asked mockingly. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and narrowed my eyes at the demon.
"Yes," I slammed the door in his face. I got onto Lorenzo's contact and rang him.
"Hello?" Lorenzo questioned.
"Have you seen Connie?" I asked him.
"She's here with me. She can stay the night," Lorenzo said. I let out a breath of relief.
"Thank you so much," I smiled.
"No problem Jaxon. See you tomorrow," Lorenzo said and hung up. A huge weight lifted off my chest. I know that Connie will be safe with the Stephanson siblings. I looked out of the window and a girl caught my eye. She had long cotton candy coloured hair. She was running away from something. I rushed to the door and opened it. She bolted towards me with supernatural speed and stopped at my feet, gasping for breath.
"Please. You have to hide me," she pleaded.
"Why?" I asked her. Her turquoise eyes looked at me.
"Don't let them catch me!" She squealed with hysteria. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her by the hand. I pulled her inside and closed the doors.
"Who are you running from?" I asked her.
"The Dravir brothers," she breathed.
"Who are you?" I asked her. What are Dravir's?
"I'm Vita. Vita Forrest," she wheezed.
"My name is-" I started before she cut me off.
"Jaxon Fox. Multi-millionaire heir," she said as she restricted a laugh.
"Miss Forrest. Can you tell me everything?" I asked her.
"A Dravir is a human-dragon hybrid. They are predominantly male. They have superhuman strength speed and the coloured hair of their dragon parent. The two brothers I'm escaping are Nathan and Logi Drago," she explained.
"Okay. Make yourself at home," I told her.
"Thank you Mr Fox," she smiled.
"Just call me Jaxon," I chuckled.
"Then just call me Vita," she giggled. I took her upstairs towards my messy room and opened the door. I quickly pushed her in and closed the door. She looked around the room.
"Why did you bring me here?" She asked.
"To hide you from Clyde and my nan," I hissed as heels clipped in the hallway. There was a knock on my bedroom door.
"Jaxon. Can I come in?" Nan asked. Vita looked at me with a scared look. I pointed towards my cupboard and she clambered in.
"Come in nan," I said in as normal tone as I could muster. The grey-haired woman walked in and glared at the mess.
"Have you seen the twins?" She asked me.
"Lorenzo told me Connie is staying with him but I don't know about Clyde," I told her.
"He isn't here Jaxon. He's not at home," nan said in a panicked tone. I cursed.
"I'll find him. Make yourself a cup of tea and I'll go," I said as I put my hands on her shoulders and looked down into her royal blue eyes.
"Okay Jaxon. Be a good lad," she said with a watery smile and left. Vita came out of the cupboard and stood next to me. She opened the doors to my balcony and stood on the deck.
"Jaxon. Trust me," Vita said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the edge of the balcony
"What are you doing?" I asked her wearily. Without warning she stood on the edge and jumped off, dragging me with her. She shifted into a beautiful Pheonix and clasped my wrists in her talons. We flew over trees and came to a halt. On the ground was a large hole. Vita dropped me into the dark abyss and followed me down.