Chapter 5 1/2

A cave...

I found myself in a cave, or at least that is what it appeared to be. I couldn't see past my hands since it was full of fog.  I felt a short sense of relief to know I had escaped the shadow man's laboratory. Relief no matter how short lived is appreciated, but right now i had bigger problems to worry about. I was in a cave with limited to no sight and the biggest question was where was I, but what made it worse is that I could definitely tell I wasn't alone. 

For whatever reason this place gave me the chills...

At a time like this I'd love Vertise to show up and take over, but after what happened earlier that part of me seemed to be silent. It was just plain ole me.

"Okay Triye, take a step forward and lets find out where we are and most importantly how to leave". I thought to myself, but for some reason my legs wouldn't move. I soon came to realise the reason for this...It was fear.

A harsh raspy laugh cracked the darkness like thunder and even raspier words followed, "We haven't had a visitor here in years! Ouu Ouuu I hope he tastes good"

First came the stench, second came a complete clearing of the fog that surrounded me. The stench was so pungent that it cleared the fog and replaced it with its scent. In any other situation I would have been relieved to finally be able to see for all of three minutes I was here with no vision, though it felt like it had been much longer. What I was able to see made me wish for the fog again.

Before me stood a half beast, half human of some sort with some other unknown creature I'd never seen before mixed in between. 

This is the most accurate description I could give of what was standing before me, for I knew not how to describe it. It had two eyes on its slimy hands and a device that looked similar to that of a television for a head and where ones stomach should be it had a huge gaping mouth filled with sharp teeth that would put any crocodile or shark to shame. 

It's eyes shone with the light of hunger as if it had been starved for ages. My body shuddered as it spoke again.

"Let us eat!"