Chapter 15: Start Over Again

Bonnie called it a day

Bonnie called it a day. Tom survived Bonnie's deadly stares. He was still not sure what he had done to deserve this treatment from Bonnie. Bonnie was younger than him but he knew she was not someone you would want to go head-to-head with.

Tom already left to prepare for dinner and Emma elected to stay while Carl was busy with her things.

"Great job," Bonnie smiled at her friend.

"Thanks, Bon." Emma smiled back. "Why were you so harsh on Tom, by the way?"

"He was slacking off," Bonnie replied.

"No, he was not," Emma defended. "You saw him do his lines perfectly, yet you made him redo it 10 more times! Each scene!" Emma laughed.

"Well, he deserved it. He deserved it and more," Bonnie shrugged.

"He said you were crazy. You told him about the hose and the barrel," Emma laughed hard. "He clearly did not know what you meant. Do you have your period?"

"No, I don't. I just don't wanna see his face, that's all," Bonnie said.

Emma shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"Have you told your friend?" Bonnie asked.

"Hm?"

"Your high school friend, did she tell the father of the baby?" Bonnie asked again.

Emma's facial expression changed. She suddenly did not know how to react on the matter. She remembered her conversation with Tom. He was not ready for it. She felt worried for her future, and of course for the baby.

"The father does not want kids," Emma looked down.

Bonnie furrowed her brows, "What?!"

Emma looked at her, "He is not ready to become a dad."

"The nerve of that man! He was the one who got her pregnant yet he is telling her he is not ready yet! The baby will come out no matter how unready he is! He can't say he's not ready!" Bonnie yelled.

Emma's eyes widened, "Chill, Bon. Really, you need to tone down your coffee."

Bonnie cleared her throat.

"She has not told the father yet. He was...." Emma tried to look for the exact words.

"A coward because his dick was not brave enough to face the consequences of pleasure," Bonnie finished the sentence for her.

Emma chuckled, "No."

Bonnie was serious but could not help to let out a small chuckle as well.

"He was not ready yet. She has not told him. But she knew...he was not ready," Emma's smile faded.