Birthing Day

1993

Angel woke up and rubbed her eyes. She laid staring at the ceiling. A slow smile came across her face. 'I will be driving by the end of the day' she thought. She has been waiting and planning this day for so long. There are so many things happening to Angel's coming of age. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom. She heard her mom and dad in the kitchen. She put on her robe and headed down the stairs. She stood just outside of the kitchen and watched her parents. She was truly blessed. Yahweh has shown favor. 

       Bless you Father. Bless you always. You have loved me. You have helped me. You have taught me. I stay safe in your shadow, hidden behind your Glory. Bless you My God.

After she  mentally prayed, her dad looked at her and broke into a wide smile.

"My baby isn't a baby anymore. I am the dad to a 16 year old." Exclaimed Jac "Nathy, look at our YOUNG WOMAN!"

"Happy birthday my girl. I love you and I am so proud of you. Such beauty and love belongs to no one else." Nath kissed her cheek and hugged her tight.

"Thank you mom. I love you. I have had a pretty good model to mirror. Dad no matter your age you will always be a rockin daddy-o!"

"How are you feeling? Are you nervous for the test?" Dad asked.

"I'm happy. I'm sure I feel the same as yesterday. Nothing has changed in me yet. I am way excited. A little nervous but I know I will do good. I know the stuff." Angel shrugged.

"Well here's the plans. No school today. Your appointment is at 11. You got 3 hours kiddo. After that you go meet with Pastor Kara. Then your day is yours to spend how you want. You let me or mom know what you want and it's done. Happy birthday my Angel baby. Dinner celebration at 7 pm." He walked off fighting off tears. His little girl was growing up. She was coming into her own. She no longer looked at daddy as the world.. now she wants to see the world.

"Mom dad is going to go cry huh." Angel smiled and hugged her mom. She bit into a fair size blueberry muffin and the phone rang.

"Hello...... Good morning to you as well Gracie.... Yes she is up... OK hang on...." Nath smiled as she handed Angel the phone.

"Morning Gracie."

"Happy birthday Angel. What's up?"

"My driving appointment is at 11, meeting with Pastor Cara after that. Then I'm clear until dinner at 7. What's your ideas?"

"Well.. I don't know if I want to tell you yet... So you call me when you are done. Good luck, which we both know you don't need. Happy birthday, I gotta plan! Later!" Before Angel could respond she hung up. Angel laughed and told her mom.  

"Oh now I am curious. Gracie comes up with the strangest things... And they always work out." Nath laughed. "You have to tell me all about it. Do you need any thing to wear tonight?"

"Um. I'm not sure. Do you have plans today? I will think about it and see."

"Alright." Nath began drying the dishes and talk about random church ideas. Jac came in and gave Nath a look. She nodded.

"Dad, I do know that look as well. Everything OK?"

"Yes honey, I have a meeting with a new member of the church. I do not know who it is but what I do know concerns me little. Asenath, it was asked if you could join me. There is a role that needs your abilities." He headed toward the stairs. A clear sign he was headed to shower and dress. And he used her mom's full name. A sure sign of stress the work can cause. Angel decided that would be a good idea get ready for the day.

"Momma I'm gonna go shower and dress. Thank you for the muffins. They are still the best." She turned to head towards her room and Nath touched her arm.

"Honey, wait. I need you to come with me. Don't change. Just put shoes on. I will wait for you out back." Nath turned to walk away.

"Mom, where we going? Mom... How long will it take? Mom..... Mom.... Mommma.... Oookay. I guess I will just get my shoes." Angel was very suspicious about her mom's behavior. She completely changed. Her whole demeanor changed. She stood up from putting her boots on. They were the closest.

"Well... Here goes!"

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom why are we at the cave?" Angel went to her favorite spot of the whole cave out of habit. She turned to look at her mom. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes went wide. Her mom stood there shinning. As she continued to stare at her, her mom got brighter. She had to shield her eyes and look around her.

"Mom. What is going on?"

"Beloved child, today is your birthing day. You chose today the path you take. I created you. I have plans for you. But the choice is yours." There was such peace, such love surrounding Angel. The form in the light that was her mother was now a form of a human. But the size was inhuman. Angel couldn't see from the brightness of the light. And when she tired to focus there was a gentle pressure inside her heart that made her want to look down.

"The blood line of your family is an ancient one. Your ancestor's trace directly under the line of Jacob. He is your father. Your father was named after him. At the 16th year of your birth, the truth about your family line becomes available. You are mighty warriors for my Kingdom. Your life is predestined, but you have a choice. You have a gift I have placed inside your soul before you were born. You know of this gift as you deal with the agony almost daily. My Beloved, your gift is a rare gift. Only handed to less. Your destiny is great. If you should choose. I am Nikaji. I am your guide. I read to you the message from Elohim. You have some things to think about. I know you have lots of questions. You must choose to follow the Way. Or go your way. Choose." The light was starting to lighten. Angel was confused. She didn't know how to respond. Of course she chose her Maker. He is all that matters.

"I have always and I WILL always follow My Creator." Angel said with more force than she planned. She tried to see something because Nikaji has not responded. It was eerie quiet. But not uncomfortable. She was still very peaceful. She knew even if she wasn't speaking directly to Yahweh, He was here. She felt him.

"Child, your path will be hard. It has to be this way. This truly is the only way. I do not know what is coming, but be ready. Something is coming. I will seek you when Elohim calls. Happy Birthday. Enjoy every second of today."

A blast of light caused Angel to duck her face away. In just as quick as it came it was gone. Nath was standing there. Angel couldn't read her mother's face.

"Angel Mercy Lighoon. Today your journey into your path begins. As every female member of the family, I am honored to gift you the gift of all." Nath held out a faded black velvet box. It was wide and thick. Angel took it from Nath while studying her mom's face. She opened to see a thick pink padding. It looked like a cloud. She ran her finger over it and seen it was silk. Laying on the pillow was a silver chain. It was med links. It has a tint of black showing age. It had a word spelled out over a silver plaque. She had no idea what the word said or what it meant.

polemistí̱s

Angel tried to pronounce the word. She felt like she wasn't doing very good. She looked at Nath who stood staring at it.

"What's it say mom? What's it mean?"

"Yours says Polemistí̱s. It means warrior." Nath sighed bowed her head for a quick second.

"What do you mean mine?"

"The necklace changes words as it changes people. It knows who it is going to next so it's ready. This is a direct piece of jewelry from our Creator." Nath turned to face Angel. She smiled big and wide.

"Well birthday girl. I know you have a lot of questions. We have all the time in the world for that... Buuutttt... you only have 24 hours for your birthday. Let's get home. The day awaits.