Entry #9 May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor

Title: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor

Author: mikaylal

Genre: Fanfiction

Summary:

Every one know the story of how my older sister, Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, and her fellow tribute, Peeta Mellark, won The Hunger Games. This is my story, when I, Primrose Everdeen, was picked to compete in the 76th Hunger Games. ~~~~ I was reaped once, for the 74th annual Hunger Game. I was 12, my first year being entered. My sister promised me nothing would go wrong, even gave me a mockingjay pin to protect me. We both went to the reaping, and my name was pulled. Let me just say, the odds were not in my favor. Katniss volunteered. I screamed and begged her not to go, but she did, for me. She protected me. Like the mockingjay pin, she was my mockingjay. It;s been five years since then, I’m 17 now. I’ve learned how to throw knives, hunt and climb trees, in fear of being reaped. Sure enough, the day of reaping comes around and I’m reaped. My best friend, Rory Hawthorne, volunteers for his younger brother. My Best Friend. Me. Fighting. To. The. Death. I can’t. I can’t hurt him. Why? Because I love him.

How many reads do you have? 2,506

How many followers do you have? 48 

**STORY CAN BE FOUND IN THE EXTERNAL LINK**