Part 1: The Complicated Show

"We want to thank all of our fans who have been supporting us this whole time. Without you guys we would not be where we are today. Thank you all so much! Goodnight!".

The girls turned to exit the stage and walk back to their table. Tonight was a huge night for them. Tonight was the night that they won their first ever Group Of The Year award without Camila. They should be ecstatic. However, as they make their way back to the table, Lauren couldn't be more over it. Normani looked over at Lauren. She could tell that something was wrong.

"What's up Lo?", she asked

"Nothing", sighed Lauren

"Are we really going to do this again?", sighed Ally

"What?", asked Lauren

"You pretending that nothing's wrong every time we go on stage and see Camila in the audience".

"Yeah. This routine's kinda getting old", commented Dinah

"It's not a routine. I'm completely over Mila", protested Lauren. 

"If you were then we wouldn't be having this conversation", said Dinah

"I just miss her, that's all. Like in a friend kinda way", said Lauren

"Sure. In a "friend" kinda way", said Mani putting air quotes over the word "friend"

"I don't want to have this conversation right now, can we just go please?"

"Don't you want to stick around for the other awards?", asked Ally.

"Not really", replied Lauren

Just like that, they got out of their seats and quietly left the stadium, hoping that nobody would notice. Once outside, they walked back down the red carpet when suddenly, Lauren bumped into somebody.

"I'm so sorry", Camila said helping Lauren to her feet.

"Oh hey, I know you", she said looking up.

"Hey", replied Lauren.

"Why are you guys leaving so early? You know that there's still like an hour left of the show right?", asked Camila.

"Yeah, but we had to leave because Lauren couldn't stand-"

Lauren elbowed Dinah in the stomach.

"What Dinah meant to say was that I was just really tired"

Lauren gave Dinah a harsh look, and Dinah knew that it meant "Shut Up".

"Oh. Well i guess that's the life of a pop star for you. No rest what so ever", Camila laughed.

"Right?", Lauren laughed to.

"Well it was really nice to see you guys. We should get a picture before you go!"

"Awesome!", said Dinah. But when Dinah leaned in, she quickly saw that Camila meant just her and Lauren.

"Oh, that's cool too", she said, looking annoyed at Lauren.

"There", said Camila.

"I love it", said Lauren.

"Where's my picture?", said Dinah, once again looking annoyed with Lauren.

"Shouldn't we get going?", asked Lauren, shooting Dinah a "shut up" look back.

"Sure", said Normani. "Whatever you want".

"I better get back inside before somebody notices i'm gone. It was nice seeing you guys. Bye!"

Camila left. Lauren looked back over at the girls.

"Tell me the truth. Do you guys think i'll ever have a shot with her?"

"Well not if you keep stealing peoples photos like that!", shouted Dinah.

"Oh put a sock in it!" Lauren shouted back.

"Enough! Both of you!", Ally shouted over them.

Ally looked at Lauren.

"I don't think so. You know that the managment would freak if they found out that we still have contact with her. Let alone whatever you guys have. I'm sorry Lo", she said.

Lauren sighed.

"I know", she replied.

Ally held out her arms to hug her.

"But what have i always told you?"

Lauren smiled.

"That it's gonna get better"

"That's right" smiled Ally.

They walked back to the limo and drove back to the hotel.