~*1*~ A Vampires Revelation

Chapter 1

That was three hundred and ten years ago. I had been forced to kill my elder brother Roger because he had tried to defy the ways of our kind at the time. He was only a vampire for a few years. My sister, Rosalie, somehow managed to regain humanity. She had a child, and then her child had three children. Her grandchildren died a few years ago. Right now, I have her great-great grandchildren. Michael, I turned into a vampire just after his seventeenth birthday a few years ago. In human years, he's maybe twenty five. His sister, Elizabeth, turned seventeen three years ago and I turned her into a vampire as well.

I currently live with them in a large mansion near woods in Los Angeles. They seemed to have gotten a great handle on their appetites, unlike me who killed half the town when I was first changed. Their parents are here to, and they all refer to me as granddad. But mostly it's Slater, since that's my name. My mother gave it to me in hopes that it would be feared about the evil, because I had been an "evil" hunter. I had been, but then I was turned evil and blah, blah, blah.

Around ten years ago, vampires came out to the humans in the world, after them thinking we had disappeared and were myths. They were shocked. I was, for some unknown reason, their leader because in Los Angeles, I was the oldest living vampires. So I coaxed them out to the human existence. The humans gave us our own neighbor hoods in most states; some are still working on it. They even give us some blood from blood donors; we're aloud to have willing donors. Some of our kind can't go to human schools, and they made vampire schools especially for us. And some of our species can't walk in the sun, so they made tablets that, when you take them, they can walk around fine.

I've never had that problem.

Like I said, the vampires of Los Angeles and in London simply adore me for some reason. I have my own clan that resides not too far into the woods near the house. They know not to touch my family. They love me, so I'm their leader. There are few vampire hunters, but there was a law passed that said humans can't hunt vampires if we don't unwillingly feed from their humans. And if we're bad, they have a right to kill us, in less we're a clan leader, they lock us up in vampire jails. With metal that vampires can't break, walls too, and vampire wardens. I was a warden for some time, but I didn't like it and quite.

Besides, I already live in luxury.

"Granddad?"

I looked up from my bed to see Michael standing at the doorway, looking paler than normal. I sat up.

"What is it, Mike? And call me Slater, you're vampires now. You're parents have to call me granddad," I told him. I patted the bed beside me. "Come, sit. Tell me what's wrong."

Michael shuffled over to my bed and sat down. I could smell something was wrong with him, he was nervous. My grand kids were always nervous around me, but they always asked questions about the 1700's. I don't mind, most of the time. I knew this wasn't one of those times. Mike and Lizzie barely mess with me when I'm in my room, also known as my cave because of the gray and black everywhere.

"Well, um, Slater?" He looked up at me and then quickly looked away. Sometime about him didn't smell right, and it wasn't his agitation that infected my sense. His shoulders slumped. "I have a confession."

"What is it?" I snapped, impatient. I have asking the same thing twice. Mike flinched and scooted away slightly.

He shifted a few times before answering. "I, um, accidently... accidently killed someone..." he murmured. Mike looked at me once again, trying to decipher my unreadable expression. This time he didn't look away. I wasn't surprised or upset. It was about time one of them killed someone. It's in our blood.