Chapter 4: A Piece of the Past

Saeyoung's POV:

Today was already a boring day, and it was only eleven. MC was at work until noon, Saeran was getting ice cream, there were no new emails from all the jobs I applied for, and the rest of the RFA members were all busy.

I sat on the couch, in my living room, doing nothing but playing with the case on my phone. Suddenly, I heard the front door shut and footsteps. I looked over to the living room entrance and saw Saeran walking over to me with two bowls of ice cream, one in each hand.

"Here." Saeran said, handing me the bowl in his left hand.

"Thanks." I smiled at him, taking the bowl.

I started to eat the ice cream, as I watched Saeran sit on the couch adjacent to the one I was sitting on. We ate our ice cream in complete silence, until I decided to ask Saeran a question about the past.

"Hey, Saeran?" I asked.

"What?" Saeran replied, shifting his gaze over to me.

"How exactly did you live at Mint Eye?" I asked, hoping the question won't make him angry at me.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, surprisingly calm.

"I mean. I never really took care of myself and forced myself to work. That's how I lived. How did you live?"

Saeran stayed quiet for a few seconds and stopped eating his ice cream. It looked like he had to remember how his life was, almost like he forgot.

"I guess... I just did whatever I was told to do." Saeran answered.

"Oh. No one was ever there for you?" I questioned further.

Saeran lightly shook his head 'no'. I stared at my younger twin, wondering what would have happened if I had never left him in V and Rika's hands. I started to get lost in thought, but I heard Saeran repetitively calling my name.

"Saeyoung!" Saeran yelled.

"Yes." I answered.

"Don't think to much about it. Everything is fine now." He said, then paused for a moment. "Was anyone ever there for you?"

I looked down to the ice cream Saeran got me, without answering him. There was only one scoop left, but the bottom of the bowl was filled with melted ice cream. It reminded me of the one night Y/n was over my house, helping me with a computer mishap that was a two person job. It was very late, almost midnight. Y/n was in the kitchen making a box of pasta for us to eat, even though I lied to her that I wasn't that hungry. Apparently, our dinner was finished, so Y/n was calling for me but didn't get an answer. I remember I was in my room crying so hard, I couldn't hear anything and forgot time wasn't waiting for me to finish being upset about my brother. Time continued on, not caring if I lost more sleep, energy, friends.

Y/n must have got worried and came to find out why I wasn't responding to her.I remember hearing Y/n's worried, caring voice call out my real name, the name she only found out was my birth name a few hours ago. I remember how she put her arms around me so protectively, like the kind of parent I never had or the lover I thought I'd never get. Y/n rubbed gently circles around my back until my tears slowed and eventually, came to a sudden stop went I looked into her eyes. Her bright eyes, that could put any glimmering jewel to shame, had made me feel safe. They made me feel that if anyone was put under her care, they would be perfectly okay in no time.

I remember the way she asked what was wrong. Y/n asked with such a worrisome but caring tone. A tone that I couldn't lie to. Y/n was that person who you could tell anything too, and she would keep it a secret if you asked. I took a deep breath before explaining everything to her. Everything from my younger twin brother I was keeping a secret to how I was forced to live such a cruel lifestyle. Instead of trying to understand the situation even more, Y/n nodded and promised to be beside me no matter what. From then on, I called and leaned back on Y/n whenever things got bad, and Y/n kept her promise of being there for me every single time without the slightest bit of failure.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I looked back at Saeran.

"Y/n. Y/n was there for me." I said answering his question.

Saeran only nodded, but he looked at me as if he was inside my mind, as I remembered all those things. Suddenly, we heard the front door shut and footsteps follow behind it.

"I'm home!" I heard MC call out.

A huge smile appeared on my face when I saw my girlfriend walk over to me. Seeing MC made me forget all the bad things in life. I put the bowl of ice cream on the coffee table in front of me and stood up. As MC came closer to me, I brought her into a tight embrace and kissed her soft lips.

"How was work?" I asked my girlfriend, who was now resting her head on my chest.

"It was okay. What were you both doing all day?" She said, lifting her head to look at me.

"We just sat here and talked while eating ice cream." I answered, sitting down on the couch.

"I wish my day was that easy." MC replied, curling up next to me on the couch.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well-"

"Are you finished with that?" Saeran interrupted MC, pointing at the ice cream he got me.

"Almost." I answered, wanting to finish the rest.

"Okay." Saeran said, standing up from the couch with his bowl in hand.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: 
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for not posting in about four weeks. My cousins left to go back home on the 9th, so I will probably be updating my books more often(well... until school starts again...).