36

I put on my robe and went downstairs to see what Mason wanted.

"What's up?" I asked falling down next to him on the sofa.
"Nm..."
"What's wrong?"
"Nuttin." He replied bluntly.
"Okaaaay so what you doing here?"
"When am I not here? I'm always here for you and then as soon as you catch a glimpse of Kane you become dickmatized and that don't seem to matter anymore." He said it blankly, like he was fed up.
"Mason what's actually going on?" I asked.
"Why should I tell you? You don't tell me jack fucking shit." He muttered.
"What are you on about I tell you everything." I started raising my voice.
"You tell me fuck all, didn't tell me when you were first pregnant but you told Kane and you barely even knew him. When was you gonna tell me that you were leaving?"

Silence.

"You told Kane tho ahlie?"
"Mason I didn't know how to tell you. I'm not going now anyway so you can stop bitching."
"What did Kane say some shit or something and you dropped everything and said yess."
"Mason we're not even together... we're just civil at the moment I guess."
"Yeah 'civil' that's why you were making another baby like ten minutes ago."
I laughed and gently shoved him.
"What's wrong with you. Why you acting like a jealous baby."
"Cah I thought you were smarter than this. He's been treating you like shit ever since you were pregnant and you still go back to his fuckeries. He fucking pushed you onto the floor while you're pregnant with his yute. What makes you think getting back with him is gonna be any better. Fuck man. You're so naive. Always complaining when shit ain't going right but more time it's cah you want to believe everything everyone tells you. You do it to yourself." He ranted.

I sat there playing with my hands. I didn't really know what to say. What was wrong with trying to see the good in people.

I got up and went to the kitchen to make myself food and take my prenatal vitamins and when I was done I ate in the kitchen avoiding Mason.

My heart hurt. Mason was one of the most important people in my life so hearing him say that cut me deep he had never said anything like that before.

When I walked out to lock myself in my room I was secretly hoping Mason would see me and apologise but he wasn't there. He had left.

Great.

Looks like I was losing everyone. I felt my baby girl stir around a bit. She was awake and probably wouldn't stop kicking for another half an hour.

It was weird being pregnant. She kicked punched hiccuped and even shivered. It was an amazing experience though and I felt truly blessed for making it this far. There were a few bumps on the way. Like she stopped growing for some reason when I was five months and the midwife was gonna have to induce the pregnancy but she was slowly growing again she would be small tho obviously when she was born.

At the baby shower people got me basically everything I needed and more I probably wouldn't need to buy much clothes for her until she was at least 1.

I think Dejah was a bit excited but I knew she was going to miss being centre of attention all the time. I was gonna stay at my grandmas until I got the hang of being a proper mum and my grandma had more space anyway. I would just feel comfortable and more confident if I had someone who was experienced.

I just wanted to know why Mason was acting like he was my wife or something. He's always been protective but I don't know this just seemed... different. I couldn't put my finger on it but everything was off. Everything. And I didn't know why.

-------
KANE
--------
"Kane. Fuuuck." Tanisha moaned. I closed my eyes and bit my lip thinking about Asia. She was beautiful and now she was pregnant she looked even better. She managed to glow through all the madness and she had got thicker. I missed her a lot but I don't know I just couldn't see it working out. I grunted as I slammed Tanishas body down on to mine.

I didn't even intend for this to happen. She showed up at my door apologising and shit telling me she genuinely thought talliyah was mine and then me being nice let her in and one thing led to another and yh. A feeling of guilt washed over me and drowned me and I know I already had another girl pregnant but as far as I'm concerned I was single.

My phone started ringing and I reached over to get it telling her to carry on as she had slowed down. It was Asia "yoo." I answered. Tanisha started moaning. I put my finger to my lip silently telling her to shut up. Asia cleared her throat. "Yeah umm I was just letting you know that our next appointment is next week and yeah."

"Thanks b. You could've texted tho."
"I wanted to know what had happened between you and Mason."

"Fuck off man. I thought you said you didn't like her." I gritted shoving him off me.
"I don't but that don't mean you can treat her like shit. Fuck do you think you are?" He said pushing me. "Have you forgotten she's pregnant with your child?" I knew he was angry cos his nostrils were flaring.
"Ahhh look Mason. Bro. I ain't even tryna argue with you at the moment una. Cah this whole ting with Carlos and Lorenzo can't work if we're beefing." I sighed.
"Stay away from her Kane. I mean it as well. Otherwise we're both gonna lose her."
"Fam are you sure you don't like her. You're acting like you're her bitch or sutm." I told him screwing up my face.
"No I don't like her uno I don't. Me and Nyah are still doing a ting."
"Mmm." I nodded unsure.
We both let out a breath as tension filled the air. I sighed.
"Alright listen. I'll leave her innit but I ain't leaving my yute so I'm still gonna have to be around her." I reasoned.
"Yeah I'm not telling you to do a runner but stop fucking around with her she don't need that stress."
"Alright man alright."

"Nothing why did he say something did?" I asked.
"No I was just wondering.. well I don't wanna disturb you sooo bye." She said hanging up.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I was about to buss I quickly stopped Tanisha from bouncing up and down before it was too late and pushed her off me pulling my boxers and tracksuit bottoms up. "I have stuff to do so you're gonna have to cut." I told her tidying up my bed. She stumbled around picking up her discarded clothes from around the room.

I dared her to come back in a few months telling me she's pregnant cah I never even bussed.

I watched her leave as I got back into bed turning the match on. I felt kinda hungry now.

--------------
NACASIA
-------------

"Dejah come on we can look at the dolls another time we need to go mothercare before it closes." I told her holding her hand and dragging her out of the store.

"Mummy!" She yelled.
"What? You stopped calling me that ages ago." She had gotten older now and I think she was beginning to understand.
"No it's my mummy look." She yelled running to the lady I walked after her. For heavens sake. I guess we were bound to run into her. Found her here once before. So it would probably happen again so I don't know why I thought it was impossible that it would.

"Oh." She said looking down at her.
"Oh!" She let out when she saw me and my belly.
"Guess five minutes is finally over." I told her.
"You could look after her way better than I could I can already tell she's better off."
"How is that fair."
She sighed digging in her wallet and taking out a couple 50s she handed it to me. I took it. "People like you are sick." I hissed walking off with Dejah close by my side.