Chapter 7

The two wolves scrambled down the hill, Mally in the lead. Alumni finally caught up with her and asked, "Why are you so troubled all of the sudden?" Mally  caught her breath and replied "I feel something wrong is going on in the pack."

"I don't feel anything." Alumni said bluntly and Mally ignored her.

They finally became closer, and in the distance they saw wolves surrounding something and cries of pain and also snarling. It was horrible to their ears but they managed to see what was going on. In that group, was a youngster who was trying to dodge an angry Onai. Mally's eyes widened when she opened her eyes, for the piercing blue eyes her pup owned....

Mally really wanted to go help her, bring her to her den and let her rest. But since she is a gnaw wolf now, there is nothing she can do...

The pup finally spoke, "Who are you," she turned around "who are all of you? Where am I? Why is everyone so angry at me?" She questioned. Onai looked at her. "You are that pup.... the one with blue eyes I suppose? Tell me your name and maybe I'll consider giving you answers." He growled.

She gave a confused look, "I have no name" she replied bluntly. Onai looked unhappy at this "Very well, I shall give you a name then." he said and his mind began to race across millions of names.

Onai finally spoke up, "Lithra" he said.

Everyone raised their heads and looked at Onai. "We welcome you to the MacDuncan pack as a gnaw wolf, Lithra." He said with a hint of disgust in his voice. Everyone left to do their pack duties as they normally did.

After everyone was gone the only wolves left were Lithra, Alumni, and Mally. Mally walked up to Lithra and Lithra took a couple steps back nervously. "Hello Lithra. I'm Mallyeid and this is Alumni but please call me Mally." She said trying to sound calm as if she wasn't Lithra's  mum.

Lithra looked at her for a bit, then spoke up "why is everyone abusing me? I didn't do anything wrong." She looked as if she was about to cry. "Since you are considered a gnaw wolf, you are the lowest rank, meaning they get to abuse you and won't get in trouble." Lithra questioned once again, "Why?"

Mally sighed and looked at her sadly "I'll show you, follow me. Turning around, Mally made her way for the lake, with the two other wolves following. When we get there, it should be nightfall creating a mirror surface on the lake. then she'll see why, She thought.

When they got there, just like Mally thought, it was nightfall. The silver stars sprinkled across the sky, and the moon painted the perfect mirror on the lake for anyone to see their reflection clearly. The luscious green grass felt cool and wet beneath their paws and the dirt was not too soft, nor too hard.

"Come with me" Mally said walking towards the lake, Lithra following closely behind. "Look in the lake and compare us. What do you see different?"

Lithra stood next to her and saw almost exactly the same wolf. They both had very light gray fur, dark gray underfur and their eyes..... "Well the only difference I see between us is the eye color." Mally looked at the reflection in the water, "exactly. Have you noticed anything in the pack different from you?"

Lithra looked at her, then Alumni, then her reflection. "Are you saying everyone has green eyes?" she looked at Mally questioningly. "Every wolf in the Beyond to be exact." Mally replied. "But... but why don't people like me?" she asked again.

Mally looked at her and ignored her question. "All I have to say is, we can't meet up with each other in public. Since you are a gnaw wolf, it could ruin our reputation and make Onai, the alpha, even angrier. Let's meet here every night, sound good?" Lithra nodded "I guess its a good idea." a smile tugs both their mouths and Mally and Alumni made their way back to the safety of the pack. Lithra however stayed behind knowing she is not welcome to sleep in a pack den.

-----------------------------

A chapter for you guys :D I think I'll update more frequently now c: