[Chapter II]

The night seemed to drag on longer and longer when it's only been a couple minutes. I finish my wine, licking my lips and smiling happily.

I stand up and no one seems to notice, thank goodness. I carry my empty wine glass, hoping to find another waiter to soon fill it back up. My head is fuzzy but I'm feeling good. I'm feeling amazing.

I walk over to an abandoned table, but I trip on someone's chair on the way there.

"My goodness, I'm so sorry!" I laugh to the foreign person in front of me. The people who sat at the table with them laugh, looking at me strangely.

Well, that's rude!

I return the glares they gave me before taking off my god-awful shoes and walking away to an empty table by the food. I could still feel their eyes on me as I tried to walk over to the table.

I sat down, sighing, as I feel so much better. I take a look around the big hall, wondering where Marcus and Rachel went. Some people still sat at their tables, talking and laughing almost as if the night never started.

The group I was at earlier is still in it's huddle, laughing about something new. I hope it's funnier than what I was saying. I didn't even get to the good stuff. The group was smaller than what it was when I was there, but their laughs are still as loud and cheerful as ever, echoing above the music.

Of course, there was the slow music in the background with all the couples molded together, slow dancing on the floor.

I try I find Rachel, but there wasn't a white dress in sight. There wasn't any signs of Marcus either. There were only just the small groups that people had split into.

And then there was me, who had slipped from the groups and made her own, only including herself. I don't do much just sitting here. I think I sat here just to get away from most of the noise.

"More wine?" the blue-eyed waiter asks. I nod my head and smile gently as he pours me another cup. He sits down next to me, "Why aren't you having fun? This is a wedding, you're supposed to be having fun. Plus, you've had, like, four full cups of wine."

Who is he to tell me I'm not having fun? Wait, that's coming from a girl who doesn't even find her own jokes funny.

"I dunno... I guess I am having fun. I got my best friend right here," I smiled as I rose my glass.

"You didn't even find your own jokes funny, come'on, what's up?" He asks again.

"Well," I look at his name tag to find his name, "Niall, nice name by the way, I don't know why I'm bored. I just came to sit here to get away from the crowd. I don't know why, I just did," I sigh, twirling my glass around.

"I hope that you do have some fun then," he smiles, getting up from his seat. "Call me over if you ever want more free wine."

"I'll keep that in mind," I laugh, raising my eyebrows. I raise the glass back up to my mouth, tasting it's sweetness against my tongue again. I watch him as he walks away to another table, pouring glasses of wine and beer for people.

He glances over at me a couple times and smiles politely. He always laughs whenever he sees me looking at him. He goes off to another table, and I just can't stop looking at him. He pours the wine into the guests' cups and when he's done, he shares another look at me. His teeth are so white, you can see them even when you're across the room!

I shift my gaze over to somewhere else, hoping I don't seem like a creep to Niall.

Dee's green hair looks yellow under the strobe lights, either way, it's still as vibrant as ever. Even if you were a mile away, I think you could still see her hair.