Chapter 3

(Jasmine The Waiter's POV)

           I waited and waited till J got home from her job.

        "Hey Jasmine, I'm home. Where are you?"

        J thought it was funny that if she came home everyday saying she is home because she knows it bugs me.
"I'm in the living room!" I yelled.
"What did I do this time? Did I not close the toilet seat lid or something and you're about to yell at me?"
"No this is serious and not about us."
            "Then what could this possibly be about?"
           J came into the room and sat down with me as I sat across from you.
            "You never tell me anything, but today I need to know. Why did you leave home?"
            "What? You never have cared, so why now?"
             "Because I need to know, I gave you space, I gave you time to think. Now it's my turn to ask questions."
              "I ran away because my parents were abusive after I turned 16. They didn't want me leaving and so whenever I could get out of there I did."
             "Before you left, was there anything unusual going on with your parents?"
             "Not that I know of."
              I grabbed out the little piece of paper the little girl gave me, and handed it to her.
             "Was this your address?"
              "How, how did you get this? And yes, it's my address."
              "I was waiting this table. It was a little girls birthday, and whenever I said my name she lunged questions at me left to right. My name is Jasmine, and your name is Jasmine and you lived in that same house. You left before your mom told you."
             "What? My mom didn't tell me what?"
              "She was pregnant whenever you left."
               She froze and just stared at that little piece of paper. I could tell everyone anything about J because I knew her so well. She was about to cry of either happiness or sadness.
              "She's counting on you to come find her."
               "I can't do that. My parents will drag me into the mix and abuse me. She's 7? She's fine. I'll find her whenever she gets older.