Part I - Prologue

The sun was just setting in, fiery shades of orange penetrated the floor to ceiling. The room lingered with a lazy feel as Katherine Hale reached for the glass of water from where she sat. She was awfully calm for someone that nearly got killed. It was the third time that week that she had a close encounter with death. Although scared wasn't the word to describe what she feels right now, but rather frustrated. Frustrated at the people who had gone out of their way to keep her alive. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Katherine urged.

Samantha Wagnall barged inside her room.

"How are you?" Samantha asked as she took a seat on the familiar white leather couch.

"I'm okay, I barely got scratched." She said. "It's Daniel I'm worried about, how is he?"

"He's recovering. Miss Tamara took care of his wounds." 

Katherine sighed in relief. 

"You know none of this is gonna stop unless you hand me over to them."

"Yeah, well I think its a little too late for that. The more we protected you the more we just angered them, and now they want revenge. We can't let them have you."

A terrible wave of dread washed through Katherine's body as she heard the double meaning of Samantha's words. 

'They'll have to kill us all before they can get to you'