Clubs

"Hey!" The jock tried to get Bender's attention. "Hey!"

  He turned towards him. "What?!"

  "If I lose my temper you're totaled man." Said Sporto with assurance. I scoffed. Like that's gonna happen.

  "Totally?" John mocked.

  His tone passed over the jock's head. "Totally!" 

  Red decided to make her presence known to us. She looked at Bender. "Why don't you just shut up? Nobody here is interested!"

  "Really." Added the sport.

  I snapped my fingers to get their attention. "Oh, but I'm very interested and last time I checked I'm a person."

  "Barely." Princess gave a snooty eye roll and turned away.

  I kept my face impassive, not showing how much one word hurt.

  "Buttface." Said the jock.

  "Wow, Sporto, that's a real snappy name. What did you do to get in here anyway? Forget to wash your jock?" I said sarcastically. Bender smirked at me. My stomach did a little flutter.

  Johnson suddenly showed surprising initiative. "Uh... Excuse me, guys? I think we should just write our papers."

  The athlete turned and glared at us. "Just because you two live in here doesn't give you the right to be a pain in the ass. So knock it off!"

  "It's a free country."

  Once again, to my displeasure, Red made the mistake of opening her mouth. "They're just doing it to get a rise out of you. Ignore them.

  "Sweets." Said Bender. "You couldn't ignore me if you tried."

  She just rolled her eyes. I can't stand jerks like her. They're all the same. "look at me! I'm so pretty! I'm so popular! I've never had to work for anything in my entire life!"

  "So...so." I started. "Are you two like boyfriend/girlfriend?" The populars continued to pay me no attention.

  After a second John caught on. "Steady dates?"

  "Lo--vers?"

  "Come on Sporto, level with me. Do you slip her the hot...beef...injection?"

  They spun around, furious and screamed: "Go to hell!" "Enough!"

   I smiled at John. They make it to easy to mess with them. He returned with his signature smirk and winked. I looked away, I could feel myself blushing.

  "Hey! What's going on in there!" Yelled Vernon from his office.

  Damn. I forgot about Dick.

  "Scumbag."

  "Wow Slick, yet another witty remark." I said while climbing with Bender to sit on the railing. He offered me a hand and pulled me up. I didn't want him to let go of my hand. He did. You can't like him! You know nothing about him!

  "What do say we close that door. We can't have any sort of a party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds."

  I clapped my hands together. "I'm game."

  Johnson looked up. "You know the door's s'posed to stay open."

  "So?" I questioned.

  The jock whipped around to deliver another stunning observation. "So why don't you just shut up! There's four other people in here you know."