Fire and Ice

Chris' POV:

Sup. My name is Christina Scott, but you can call me Chris. I was raised on a farm with my Dad. Keyword: was. Never had any friends. My cousin Alice Scott lives in Long Island New York with my Uncle, and my grandparents died in a fire that not only killed them, but 4 other people. Since then, I've always had the same nightmare. Me and a boy end up suffocating in fire. And I've always had a fear of fire. I'm 16. IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!!

And not only that, but demon pigeons ate our corn yesterday, and changed my life forever.

~~~~9:00 AM IN PENNSYLVANIA~~

I wake up put on some shorts, a red plaid shirt, and red vans. I throw my long, thick, black hair into a pony tale. I have always wondered how I live on a farm and I'm still so pale. "Morning Dad!" I call as I walk past the kitchen. I should have already gathered the eggs and stuff but I slept in. I go to the 'Hen House' and get the eggs. And all I'm gonna say is, when I walk out of there, it takes about 3 minuets minimum to get all of the feathers out of my hair. Stupid chickens.

After I'm done dealing with the feathers, I hear some skwaking coming from the corn fields. My curiosity takes over and I walk through the maze of corn my dad calls a field. I didn't get a close look until I was a few feet away. I wished I was a mile away. The things that were skwaking were pigeons. But not just ANY pigeons. They had beady eyes, bronze beaks, and did NOT WHAT SO EVER look friendly! I took a slow step back, and-

"CRACK!" A twig broke under my foot. Stupid twig. I drop the basket of eggs and run back to my house. I sense the birds are following me, but I'm not gonna take the time to check and see. I burst through the door and lock it. I run around making sure the windows are locked too.

"Chris what's wrong? Where are the eggs?" my Dad asks worriedly.

"Dad-pigeons-corn-dangerous-!" I say in between wheezing.

"Stymphalian birds." he muttered

"What?!" I know what they are. I've herd about them in a Greek myth my dad told me.

"Here." he placed in my hand a silver locket with a snowflake engraved in it. "In this locket is a picture of me and your mom, and on the other side of the locket, is a picture of you." He said this very quickly. "In Long Island New York, and there is a camp for special people. In the safe, there is $250 dollars for food and clothes and anything else you might need on the way-" at that moment, a hurricane of Stymphalian birds. "CHRIS RUN!" my dad yelled.

I ran out the back door but a few birds followed me. I ran to the barn. I spotted my electric pink metal softball bat. I would practice with my dad. We didn't have a car because we didn't have the money. I grabbed it and with every bird, came a swing that knocked them out cold. But I knew they weren't dead so I hit them with the bat a few more times. I pull out my white iPhone and I check the time. It's 9:45 am. Wow. Chaotic morning huh? I walk back to the house 5 minuets later.

Feathers are every where along with- powder? No. More like dust. I see my dad on the floor. Scratches every where, and lots of blood. I go over and check his pulse. His heart isn't beating. He's gone. I fell tears run down my cheeks.

"No. Crying doesn't fix anything. Crying doesn't change anything." I remind myself. But tears keep flooding out. I wipe them away. I leave my dad there. What am I supposed to do? I go up stairs and pack extra clothes, food, bandaids, and the money in the safe. I make sure my phone is in my pocket. I put on my locket. I grab my bat and get my bike from the garage. "New York..." I trail off trying to remember witch at I need to go. "Oh yeah! North East." I remember.

~~Time Lapse to when Chris is at half-blood hill~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So every day, I face new monsters. I am now half way up a steep hill, fighting a mastiff (yeah a dog) that is the size of a garbage truck. I decided to run up this hill because why? I don't know, but I felt like I was getting closer to safety. Then the dog's gigantic claw comes down and slashes my cheek. I feel three cuts in my cheek bleed as rain pours down. I suddenly come up with a great idea. Now would be a good time to call for help. Yeah. Good idea.

"HELP!!!" I call out to anyone listening. Over the hill comes a figure I can't make out. As it comes closer, it wields something over its head and- BAM! The thing hits the dog with what I can now see is a hammer. A flash of lightning strikes the ground a few feet away, and I can see that the figure is a Latino boy with curly brown hair. He looks about the same age as me, and maybe 3 inches taller. (I'm ownly 5.8 so that means we're both midgets.) The sun starts to rise, and the boy looks at me and his eyes widen. And so do mine. He is the boy. From the nightmare.

"What?" I ask.

"Your cheek....." he trails off.

"Yeah I know-" I start to say but I am startled as he picks me up bridal-style and carries me to the other side of the hill, and I see a bunch of buildings I can't exactly make out just yet because it's like, dawn. As we reach the bottom of the hill everything goes black.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?HEY GUYS! It's Blaire here, and I hope you guys liked my first chapter because this is my first fan fiction. So after this chapter, we are in the present. Um... disclaimer in the description and....uh....yeah! That's pretty much it so...

Leo: Comment!

Chris: Fan!

Leo: Vote!

Me: Yeah....what they said.