F I V E: How could you?

"Tell the floor to stop moving for god's sake!" I held onto a nearby table for support as my head spins.

"Hey. Hey! Katie, take it easy before you black out on drinks!" Marc's voice sounded disoriented as I tried to reach for my drink but kept on slipping.

I remembered walking over as I spotted Liam and found Lexi as well, before my brain could process the scene in front of me, I ran back to Marc and instructed stronger drinks.

"I, yes me, I am going to go over there and tell that son of a bitch what's up," I gave Marc a lazy smirk and winked, at least tried to.

"Before you embarrassed yourself, are you sure you want to do this?" he looked at me with a worried look and then suddenly sat straight up.

"What the hell, of course, we're doing this. Let's get you rallied up," he returned the smirk and leaned in closer, "Remembered how that bitch swore she'd never mess with a guy you like? Well hon, you're looking at a sly fox right now. How Liam wouldn't allow you to hang out with other guys as much but spends late nights with hoes like her." He put his mouth next to my ear and whispered, "Well, two can play this game."

I slammed my hand down on the table and a sly smile crept up on my face. I stood up and gave Marc a sloppy salute before I stumbled my way through the hot crowd.

I shoved couples out of my way, almost causing me to tip over. As I saw Liam and Lexi whispering to each other and laughing with beer bottles in their hands, I could feel my intense pulse in my neck.

"Move," I shoved a drunk girl that started blocking my view of them. I could tell that Liam instantly recognized my voice, cause his head snapped right up and saw me.

"Katie, I tonight you weren't coming. Um...," he awkwardly pushed Lexi off him and straightened up.

"Cut the bullshit, Liam!" I walked closer to him and I could feel a crowd forming.

"Katie? Are you okay?" he awkwardly tries to push Lexi off him but Lexi was slightly drunk so she stayed put.

"Am I okay?" anger rose up to the surface and burst out of me like a huge bubble. "Of course I'm not okay! Have you not notice that I've been stressed out lately trying to be the perfect and safe girl you want me to be? I'm not a damn little girl anymore! You need to stop telling me to stay safe because I'm tired of being the good girl! What happened to spending our summer together? What happened to just you and me?"

I could see the hurt in his eyes before he stood up and his veins grew in his neck. He smoothed his cotton white shirt after Lexi jumped out of his way.

"You don't understand how guilty I feel being with other guys because I am supposed to be the nice and innocent girl to you. WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT? I am done, I am done with boundaries, Liam. I've had enough with carrying all this stress on me while you party. Also, there was a stupid part of me that once liked you, once had feelings about you, and once could never get you out of my head." The last part came out like a whisper, but the shock expression on his hurt face showed that he heard it. He heard me confess my true feelings about him, he heard all the true thoughts in my head, but he didn't do anything about it.

We stared at each other for a minute, the loud sweaty crowd seemed to fade away after a moment, and I thought Liam's expression softened a little. After a couple of seconds, I saw Lexi stand up from the corner of my eye and the whole trashy scene came back.

"I don't understand a shit anymore, I'm going to go home," she wobbled up and started to grab her bag. "Liam, you're coming with me," she weakly pulled him up, but he barely moved.