S I X: Gone

The waves stopped moving and suddenly the scene felt dark and lonely.

"What is a pretty girl doing all by herself at this time?" I slowly turned around and was met by Dylan's striking green eyes. He had on a smirk and I looked down at his outfit: an oversized hoodie with joggers.

"Um, ahem, I'm just," I struggled with my sentences because of his mesmerizing eyes and I felt like I was on edge of crying again.

"You don't have to explain it to me, here" he stretched out his arms to helped me up. As he pulled me up I could smell his strong cologne and a hint of alcohol, and maybe even some cigarettes. I was inches from him and I noticed a tiny, silver lip ring.

After he picked up my stuff he put his arm around me, "Let's go somewhere, should we?" My head was still spinning so I just weakly nodded.

While we walked away from the beach, he kept a strong arm around me.

A couple of minutes later I could tell we were far from the beach, as the sound of the waves lessened. I kept my head down and tried to count the cracks in the pavement.

I was at sixty cracks when we stopped.

"How about a nice drink to forget our worries?" He turned his head towards me and gave me a small smirk.

"I-I don't," the strong alcohol stung my noise. I tried explaining to him that I had enough alcohol in my system for the day, but he gently pulled me with him.

"Hey, it's fine. You don't even have to drink, I know these people. They're like family," he stopped in front of the door waiting for my response. I looked at the ground again. It wasn't like I had anywhere to go. Hell, I am not going back to Liam's house for a while.

"Let's do it," I lifted my head and gave him a small, but reassuring smile. He copied my smile and opened the large, heavy doors.

I expected a dark and crowded room filled with gangs and thugs, but it was barely filled.

I looked around and it was large and spacious with wooden walls. A few tables filled the area and a huge pool table acted as an anchor in the middle of the bar. The bar itself was pretty modern. It wasn't anything close to what the bar I came from looked like, but the dark cedar wood and black finishes gave it a more high end look.

"Aye Dylan!" A guy in his mid forties took his cigarette away from his mouth to wave at Dylan. He wore a dark, black faded t-shirt with distressed jeans. He was tall and even under the leather jacket, I could tell he was toned. 

"T-bone, my man," Dylan approached him and patted him on the back as the guy gave Dylan a bottle of beer. I stood awkwardly next to Dylan as he and "T-bone" talked.

"Haven't seen you in a while son. How's the boys?" T-bone asked as he eyed me.

"They're the usual. Hey, I want you to meet someone," Dylan finally stepped away to let T-bone have a look at me. I didn't know what to do. I mean, if I waved then he would probably think I'm some stuck up princess. If I smiled then he would probably think I'm some weird hooker.

"I'm Katie," I finally gave him a sturdy handshake and a small smile.

"Timothy, call me T-Bone if you want. Your boy," he nodded towards Dylan's direction, "Picked a pretty girl."

I turned to look at Dylan, waiting for him to deny our relationship, but all he did was smirk at me and threw his strong arms around my shoulders.

"What about you? Found a lady yet?" his strong cologne stung my nose as he asked T-Bone. 

"You bet I did. Been with this darling for three weeks now. She is everything to me, you need to meet her one day, son," his once emotionless face grew into a huge smile when he was describing her.

"What's her name?" the words left my mouth before I noticed I was talking; the way he perked up while describing her made me curious about this relationship.

He looked at me for a second before answering, "Darling." He smiled at us and advanced toward the bar.

"Darling?" That's her name?

"Come on pretty eyes," he smiled at me and tugged me towards the bar T-Bone went to.

"Don't know if you are much of a drinker, but these drinks are next level liquor. But remember, you don't have to," his eyes left mine as he looked for what he wanted.

I gulped, do I want to drink more alcohol after today?

That's when I made my decision, since Liam found a way to hurt me over and over again, the least I can do is hurt him back. By disappearing from his life.