3

Jungkook's POV

School was over.

I eagerly walked out of the building, hoping I wouldn't bump into Taehyung. I felt annoyed.

I wondered what happened after Tae left me, and if he confesse-

Suddenly a strong arm slapped my back.

"Ow, why the hell-"

"GUESS WHAT! GUESS WHAT!" Taehyung was jumping up and down, almost strangling me with his arms.

"What?" I rolled my eyes at him.

He was taken aback by my disrespect towards him... I probably shouldn't talk to my hyung that way.

"I told her how I felt! She said she liked me too! I think we are officially going out on our first date tomorrow!"

He looks so happy and bubbly.

I feel something inside me quiver. Doesn't he see that I am here next to him? Why would he brag about it in front of me? He is oblivious to my feelings. I hate it all.

I faked a smile.

"That's great! I am so happy for you, Hyung!"

I hug him back but I feel disgusted. But not at him. At myself. That I sunk so low that I wished against my best friend's happiness.

I want to cry.

Why did I suggest for him to confess to her? Instant regret fills me.

"Let's walk home together, Kookie. I want to show you who she is."

I, of course, already knew who he admired. As much as I didn't want to to talk to him at this moment, I wanted to spend some time with him, since I haven't for almost the whole day.

I also wanted to know what happened between those two.
~~~~~

"Here she is." Taehyung said proudly  showing me her Instagram account. He was practically beaming.

@/skuukzky Waiting for the dentist ><

"Isn't she so cute! You know her right? The girl in our class!"

She seemed like someone so sweet. I felt bad for disliking her.

"Yeah, I know her."

@/skuukzky ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

@/skuukzky ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

"Woah. She looks even more beautiful without makeup on." I heard him mutter under his breath.

That made my heart feel a bit tighter.

I look at my best friend who isn't aware that I am possibly (at least I think I am) madly in love with him.

He looks so happy, his box smile bigger than ever. I wonder if he smiles at her like that. I wonder if he shows the gentle and vulnerable side of him to her.

I wonder what goes on through his head when he looks at her.

But he looks happy. He looks so damn happy. And that's really all that matters to me.

I see him smile at her face.

He really is in love.

As much as it hurts, as much as my chest tightens, I hold in my tears that night.

I just want to forget everything that happened today.

They must be on their date right now.

Is his hand running through her hair?
Did he kiss her?
Did he- no I shake the thought away.

I need to forget him. He is my best friend. I won't come in between their relationship. I don't deserve someone as good as him. I just wish he knew how I felt. I want him to be happy.

But he would get scared. He would feel absolutely disgusted that I have feelings for another guy, wouldn't he? He would probably kick me to the curb, or just avoid me because of how awkward it will get.

I just want him to be happy.

Please dear God, make him happy, even if I am not the reason why.

That night, I, Jeon Jungkook made a promise to myself to make sure that Taehyung's feelings came before my own.

"I have to forget him, it was meaningless anyway."

At that thought my tears finally spill.

God forgive me but I think I am in love with him.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys this chapter kind of sucked lmao I am not good at these touchy subjects, forgive the angst too ><

But just to warn you there is much more heartbreak, though the next chapter will FINALLY HAVE SOME FLUFFY ACTION SO BE WARNED.

Ilysm <3