It doesn't make sense

Nathan walked aimlessly, mulling over the thought of Natemare. Was what Mark and Dark were saying true?? He didn't know. Nathan's thoughts drifted off and Nathan didn't even notice the sharp stinging in his head.

Nathan...

Nathan...

His name...where was it coming from?? Listening carefully, Nathan couldn't pin point a direction of the sound - it seemed to be coming in every direction. The sting was increasing, as was the wind around him. The gentle breeze turned into a strong wind, paper flying away in its wake.

Cautiously, Nathan looked around. The yellow light of city lamps illuminated small patches of ground, leaving shadows everywhere else. But he was alone...or so he thought.

What he didn't notice was that within the darkness, someone was watching him. Smirking at his naive attempt to conclude the sounds direction. They whispered his name again.

Nathan...

Nathan...

Nathan spun around and looked behind him - he swore that's where the whisper was coming from. He looked deeply into the gloomy night, trying to see something out of the norm.

And that's where he saw the familiar eyes. The eyes that laughed by themselves, with true insanity behind them. The eyes of Natemare. Nathan took a step back, catching his breath and tripping on the curb. He fell to the ground, but swiftly got back up again.

Natemare just approached, his movements clean and unnatural. Never before had Nathan felt more fear pulse through his veins. Smirking, Natemare sat on a bench nearby - signalling Nathan to sit with him. Questions whirled around Nathan's head again, but this time he knew what to ask.

"So...You believe me now??" Natemare asked, his voice high pitched, but sing songy. Nathan's mouth dried up and his question left his mind. Did he believe?? Did he want to believe?? Nathan knew the answer almost immediately.

"Yes - I do. But how come you don't have to cause me pain coming out??"

Natemare stared for a while, like he was just asked the dumbest question ever, "Well, I'm not that sort of Demon - not as powerful so to speak. You see, demons like me, we have to be able to get out easily. Don't quite understand why. But demons like Dark, they are much more powerful - they can be locked in a humans mind for years without leaving. However, they'll have to eventually. I leave whenever I want - and you won't know about it."

He can leave whenever he likes?? Why doesn't he just leave and never come back then?? Nathan just sat still, unable to move. He didn't want to ask so didn't bother.

Natemare stood up and grabbed Nathan's throat. The look of pure hatred in his eyes so suddenly. Nathan was taken so quickly that air was cut off immediately. Everything happened so suddenly and Nathan didn't understand why, until words were spoken.

"But...I want what you have Nathan. A youtube channel, people who look up to me, people who admire me for my talent and not just my dangerous insanity. I want to know what it feels like to be loved!!"

Confused, Nathan tried to make sense of what had just been said. But no matter how hard he tried, it didn't add up. The corners of his eyes were fading black, consciousness slipping away. There was no chance that Natemare would let go.

With one final breath, Nathan slipped into the dark abyss. Consciousness was gone and Nathan could hear the insane cackle of Natemare as he was dropped to the ground. He wasn't dead, he was sure of that - but he knew that if he wasn't careful, Natemare would do things that he would later on regret.