0.1

"Cause you make me feel like, I've been locked out of heaven..."
-

"Wake up, Jaeden!" My mom shook me slightly until I snapped back into the harsh reality that is life. Hopefully, though, this next week won't be too bad on Earth. I opened my weary eyes to face a very happy looking Angela. "We're here." She smiled. She decided to take us on a trip to Universal Orlando, you know that place where die-hard fans go on vacation.

I pulled out my ear phones that were, by this point, playing some unknown song on Spotify I've never heard in my life. I opened the door and stood outside. I stretched, and felt more awake but I'm not sure if that was a good thing. I was now aware of my surroundings, but my surroundings were just a bunch of kids running around and loud parents yelling at them.

I groaned, and decided to look around. Palm trees, always nice to see those. The breeze was really nice here in Orlando, which I appreciated a lot after being in a car for the last 7 hours. My mom handed me my suitcase which had been decorated with anime characters several years ago. I was slightly embarrassed to wheel this bag of shame around everywhere but hey, what can I do.

"You excited, jae?" My mom asked me. "Yeah, just tired." I yawned in exhaustion. We walked into the hotel, it was real nice. There was a whole wall that was glass which showed the huge fountain outside. There were chandeliers on the ceiling and the benches were even fancy with designs covering the cushions and wood.

"I'll check in, don't go far." She smiled and walked over to the huge desk of employees. I saw a kid around my age sitting on one of the fancy benches and decided to do this thing called socializing I heard about. I sat down and rolled my suitcase closer to me. "Wyatt." I turned my head around quickly, sort of startled at the kid next to me.

"I'm wyatt." He smiled. He had brown bouncy curls which reminded me of ramen at first glance. He beamed at me, but I was sort of weirded out. I've never met someone with such confidence to just blurt out their name to a stranger. "I'm Jaeden." I said sort of awkwardly.

"Where are you from, Jaeden?" Wyatt asked me. Okay stalker, have my address. "Why does it concern you." I said flatly and sighed. Yeah, I'm a bitch when I'm tired, but I can't help it. "Wow. Well. I'm from California. Here on vacation." He said, sounding sort of disappointed. He looked down at his feet, and I have to admit, I felt kind of bad. He seemed in the zone with me and I just ruined it.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized. "I'm just tired, ya know.." he looked back up and smiled slightly." It's okay.." and he let out a small laugh. I did too. His laugh was sort of contagious. Like he was actually happy and he didn't have to force it. "So, uh, what's your favorite park here?" I asked, trying to make small talk. "Harry Potter, by far." He said confidently.

"Me too!" I said sort of excited, I was happy there was someone else who liked the same stuff as me. "Awesome. Maybe we can go some time." He tilted his head slightly and his eyes, which I now know are brown, were shining. He gave me a small smirk. "Well, I should go now, I think my mom is ready for me. See you around, Jaeden.

I stared at him as he walked away. After a moment he looked back and gave me a soft smile. And just like that, he was gone.
"Jaeden, honey, I'm done." My mom walked over to me. I was sort of in a daze. "Okay."
-

Quick first chapter I hope this doesn't flip jejdj and