Introduction

Blood is to satisfy blood. We live in a world without gods and the only laws to exist are man-made, based on a single moral; as above, so below. Though we are past the age of gods and devils, the Angels will always follow through with that which is deemed the law. No family, no friends, nameless children raised outside of society, the Angels are a group of moral-less executioners, drained of any and all sympathetic emotion. They swiftly carry out their orders almost as fast as they are given out. These orders are given in the form of names; names of individuals the government has deemed as filth. Criminals of all kind make up this list, though it used to only be the worst of which society produced. When the Angels were first brought to the attention of the media, nobody believed their government would take such drastic measurements. After the first wave of deaths hit though, things quickly changed and crime rates dropped substantially. Back then, the list of names consisted only of murderers, rapists, and anyone thought to be involved in any sort of terrorist organization. This was enough to scare even petty thieves into hiding, for a while anyway. Things have changed though, as they always do, now any crime is a crime punishable by death. So when an order is passed on to the Angels, there is but one rule; kill the individual. I am an Angel.

  What could bring about such a violent rebuttal from our government, you may wonder. Well back in 2064 the government had abolished the right to bare arms and ordered for the immediate removal of every gun in every home after a string of massacres across the country in the three years prior and overall growing crime rates. The prohibition on guns was met with backlash of the people, violent backlash. This was the start the “burning five”. Five days of anarchy, rioting filled the streets, and blood ran down the drains. Police, S.W.A.T., and even Military were executed, while many of those who were innocent bystanders got caught up and killed in the violence. The few faithful people left believed this was the start of some apocalypse, but the reality is it was simply a people's reaction to having something they felt entitled to taken away. The rioting died out after only five days. Not by influence of law, but because despite how much a child may cry, they always tire after a tantrum. People moved on, crime continued, people managed to smuggle a few guns in from time to time, otherwise crime was dealt by blades. With crime rates not budging and prisons being filled, soon the government became impatient and intolerable. No amount of law or cracking down seemed to phase people anymore, so in a nationwide broadcast, President Bryer announced that severe crimes would no longer be punished with imprisonment, but with executions carried out by a group of peacekeepers. The peacekeepers would be under the codename of Angels. This group of soldiers would be nameless and without moral, with their only purpose in existing being to carry out their orders.

  People were once again outraged by their government, some were fearful, while others were quick to call it as a bluff and continue on as they pleased. Nothing happened for a year, and the government remained silent on all things concerning the threat. Exactly a year after the announcement, the first wave of criminal deaths across the country made breaking news. That night, a group of gangsters in New Jersey were burned alive in their base of operations, a man in Ohio with plans for a 4th of July bombing had his head smashed into a pile of blood, brains, and skull bits, and a serial rapist was gagged and bound, forced to bleed out from where his cock and balls had been removed. These were among many grotesque murders that first night and the nights following, each and every one with a dove feather at the scene of the crime. It was soon made very well known that the Angels were no bluff and the government had just released them onto a now fearful America.

 Crime dropped quickly as the death toll increased, even petty thieves feared for their lives, but in the two years following, non-violent criminals quickly thought themselves untouchable and the ones who could escape the police or FBI went on to steal and gamble and whatever else they knew they'd get away with. So what was considered a crime punishable by death quickly changed and weapons dealers and thieves made the execution list. Six years after the start of the Angels and crime isn't even a fraction of what it was. Nowadays, people are able to live their lives knowing they are safe from violent criminals or perhaps in fear of every move they make. Either way, things are better now, or at least they seem that way, but I'm not one to question such things, I'm only here to carry out the orders I am given.