NEW ADDITION

After a couple of weeks of me bickering with Riley we finally got to the mutual agreement that we would simply try our best to not annoy each other. It took a lot of strength but it's working out. She's now Ray's girlfriend which I hate to admit has proven to be quite good for him. Ever since they made it official the Clay issue hasn't been too much on him. We also managed to plead with Terrence. He finally allowed Chase back to his home after countless hours of begging. Currently everything is stable.

Right now we're all in a Math lesson. As usual Riley and I are trying to one up each other. Suddenly we hear a knock on the door." Come in," our teacher says. A boy with curly short black hair walks in. He is tall and his skin is pale white. From afar I can see that his eyes are red." Hello. Are you supposed to be with us?"

"Yes ma'am. I'm new," he says his tone clearly showing how shy he was.

"Okay, you can introduce yourself."

"My name is Blake, Blake Crane."

"Okay Blake. You can take a seat."

I look at Blake again. Something is off about him. This time I'm sure." What's up with him?" I ask Chelsea.

"What? Oh the new guy. Mason I seriously think you have paranoia issues. Everyone is a bad guy to you."

"I don't have paranoia issues!" I whisper a bit too loudly. I look up to quickly confirm if anyone is paying attention to me. No one is." I just don't find it easy to trust new people, strangers." Chelsea rolls her eyes." Okay fine. That clearly sounds like something a paranoid person would say."

"Yes. Now stop judging a person just by first impression. You wouldn't like it if anyone did the same to you."

After saying that she leaves me speechless. The lesson goes on. Eventually it ends.

********

"Hie," I hear someone say out from behind me as I close my locker.

I turn around to see the new guy." Hey bro. Blake right? I'm Mason. What's up?" I hoped I sounded friendly.

He looks a bit unsettled." Wow this is hard," he says it a little too low but I hear him.

"What is?"

"What's what?"

"What's hard?"

"Oh I said that aloud. Being the new guy. It's hard especially if you have poor social skills like me."

"Don't worry. Everyone finds change a bit hard but with time you get used it. I promise you'll fit in no time."

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I'm a bit of a weirdo."

Before I can answer Chase and Ray join us." Hey bro. It's Blake right. I'm Ray, the coolest person you'll ever know. Chase might try to convince you otherwise. Just know he's jealous."

Blake didn't even have a chance to respond." I'm Chase. Mind Ray. He's a bit of a crackpot."

"Okay," Blake nods looking a bit flustered.

"Just ignore their ranting. They are both crazy."

"You've met Mason. I bet it was the most boring discussion you ever had," Ray mocks me. I smack his head. "Okay. Ouch."

"It hurt. Good. Now shut up."

"Blake you want to join our band of misfits?" Chase asks.

Suddenly warning bells play in my head. What's wrong with me? He's just a new person." That would be cool. I've never been in a band of misfits before."

"You haven't? Oh no, we should fix that. You're going to fit in in no time," Ray joins in.

"I have the perfect place to kick off your initiation as a member. I'm having a party this Friday night."

"Huh? What party?"

"Oh Terrence and Anna won't be there this weekend so I'm throwing a party."

"Chase can I talk to you for a second?" I say dragging Chase away, leaving Blake with Ray." Chase what are you doing? You can't have a party. Just a while ago Terrence didn't want you near his home now you want to throw a party."

"I know it sounds crazy but I need this."

"Okay fine. Why don't we have this party somewhere else like my house or Ray's. It's going to be too expensive for you plus there's not much space at your house."

"Don't worry about anything. I'm not going to ask for your money. I'm throwing this party on my own."

"Where did you get the money?"

"I took it from my savings."

"What? You can't use your savings for this. You should be saving up for college."

"I want to use my money."

"Chase..."

"No. Mason stop! I can make my own decisions. I'm having the party. The yard at my home is fairly okay so space is not an issue. Besides there won't be many people."

"But...."

"No Mason. Stop trying to be my dad. My dad already left me. I don't need you trying to bridge that gap. I know you feel like it's your job taking care of us but no one asked you. Right now I just want you to be a normal senior and just say you'll come to my party."

That hurt." Okay fine. I'll be at your party."

"Good," he smiles like he didn't say anything offensive. We go back to Ray and Blake." Blake it's settled. You're coming to my party. Don't worry. There'll be many girls. You're going to have the time of your life."

"Thanks. I'll be there."

********

I'm now at home resting on my bed. I'm having a reevaluation of my life.
After what Chase said to me I think it's time for me to do so. What's wrong with me? When I was younger my dad used to tell me that my kindness is bound to lead me astray. He didn't mean it in such a way that I should be mean. He just highlighted the fact I already know. Actually the fact I've come to recognize with age. I always do things that are unhealthy to me in a bid to make sure my friends are okay. In other words the last person I think about is me. I always thought it was a noble trait but what happened at the party made me discover that the trait actually leads you to losing your humanity and sanity.

I'm very sorry for the late update. I hope you found this chapter enjoyable. Have a good day :-)