The Griffin

Nico
Everyone listen up. I've discovered something that could change the way of gods forever. So listen up because it's a long story.
For a while now I've had been seeing strange things happening over in Brooklyn. It wasn't just me it was all campers noticing flashing lights and strange creatures flying in and out of Brooklyn. This one time I swore  that ghosts had been released amongst the city. Will had received a quest, something about a Griffin and a small man. An I was part of it. Our deadline was in four days, why so short, only the gods know. I knew it had something to do with the ghost that were released over a year ago, so that's where we started. We took the pegasi so we could get a birds eye view for ourselves, just to be careful. As soon as we entered Brooklyn I felt a strange vibe. As if I was no longer connected to Hades.
"Will, do you feel, strange?"
"You feel that too? It's like I've lost all connection to my dad."
"Yeah, do you think there are more gods?" Just as I said that,  a griffin came charging at us
"FREEEEAK!"
"Ah!" I heard Will hollered and saw him dangling of his Pegasus holding on only by the stirrup.
"Will hold on!" The griffin was flying around screeching at us. I caught up to Will's Pegasus and hauled him up. He sat and the saddle a did some deep breaths.
"You okay?"
"Look out!"
"FREEEEEEAK!"
Th Griffey charged in between us and almost pushed us off, almost. I pulled out my Stygian sword and Will pulled out his longbow. We landed on the roof of a building and formed a battle stance. I slashed everytime the griffin came near and Will took aim at it.
"Shoot it now!" It took a dive and was coming head first at us. Will released his arrow, it should have hit it right in the forehead but it bounced off about 3 inches before hitting its head.
"What the heck?" Even the griffin looked surprised, but that couldn't stop its downward momentum.
"Move!" I pushed Will out of the way of the falling beast and jumped aside myself before impact. The griffin fell through the roof and we took a couple deep breaths before bursting into laughter.
"What the heck was wrong with that griffin?!"
"It's like it was running away from a chihuahua!" Will snorted when he laughed.
"And you looked so hot while shooting that bow."
"Not as hot as you pulling me up on my Pegasus. My knight without his shiny armor." We smiled, but the griffin dissolving into pure light. Where the griffins but once proudly stood up in the air was a snake. Not an ordinary python, this snake had two heads and the wings of an eagle. It was asleep, I think, but we must have woken it up.
"Hisssssss." it took to the sky and started shooting fire at us.
"Will!" I hadn't noticed the size, large enough to eat us both, for brunch. I unsheathed my sword and tried to stab it, it touched the skin but didn't do anything. Just when I thought I might be swallowed whole a giant golden symbol appeared above head and the snake dissolved, just like the griffin. Six feet from where the snake once sat, stood two people, a boy, and a girl. The boy approached me and the girl approached Will. The boy had dark skin and black curly hair, he wore loose clothing and had what looked like a sickle at his waist. He offered me his hand and pulled me up.
"Who are you?"
"The name is Carter Kane, welcome to Brooklyn."