The Luck of the Sea

Will

"Oh I get it. He finds out that there is an entire empire of other gods, keeps it to himself and expects us to go save him."
Nico was still complaining hard, and I couldn't blame him. Sadie and Carter weren't just something you write a note about and stick it on your fridge. I was angry too, but as something Annabeth would say "boat boy needs help." Or was that someone else? I can't remember.
"So what creature could be harming Percy that involves you guys, no offense but usually we can handle our own monsters." Sadie looked unaffected but Carter blew a bubble excitedly.
"Unless it's not your monster, and it's one of ours."

Nico
"So why can't Percy just say your name so we know where he is?" I complained. I felt guilty, Sure, but this was just bad luck.
"Because he doesn't know we're supposed to save him." That makes sense. I thought.
"So how do we find this monster?" Will was always on top of things.
"We'll get some shabti to look for all the books with Egyptian monsters and see if any see fit."
"Works for me." We departed and had a baboon show us to our rooms. Koofoo? Kufu? I don't his name. I'm not good with names. I noticed that two of the doors had guest signs on them and I wondered if they were both ours. Will must've been thinking the same thing because we shared a look of surprise. We've never really, well slept in the same room, that was planned of course except that night with the our first kiss. (How I wish I could go back). So we didn't know what to do really. So when the baboon unlocked the door 667 we both went in, pretending to be oblivious. The baboon stared and shook his head before closing the door and leaving us in silence. We looked out the window- sky scrapers lined a scarlet red sky and the magical barriers were visibly blurry, almost ruining the view.
"Boy, it's been a tough day." I collapsed on the bed and my feet began to hurt.
"I'm too old for this." Will complained as he collapsed beside me. I turned to face him and ended up kissing him on the cheek. "We'll save Percy and all will be back to normal." I told him.
"Nico, what made you pick me?"
"What do you mean?"
"Like how did you fall for me, why did you fall for me, we're so different." I pondered this for a moment.
"That's why." I said at last. "We balance each other out, like a yin yang. We're always together , but not always the same." It doesn't sound like something that could make sense, but there in that moment, it did. And that is all that mattered.