Ten Thousand Books: A Kyoya Ootori Fanfiction- Chapter 3

Haruhi’s departure was drawing nearer as time went on, a constant reminder that Aurora and Kyoya had barely one year left before graduation. Kyoya was most likely going to be accepted to a highly prestigious college that would train him for life in his father’s company, despite how bleak his chances of attaining his aspired position. Aurora was in a similar situation to Kyoya’s, but she didn’t want to go to a school for business. She wanted to major in English and literature. Exactly one month from Haruhi’s departure and the end of first semester, she broke the news to her father.

“Father, I wanted to tell you that I am going to apply for classes at a university. I wish to major in English and literature.” She waited for him to yell and scream at her, possibly waking up every poor, sleeping person in Japan. She waited for him to flip a table or something, but it never came.

“That’s fine. I won’t pay for it, though. If you don’t want to take over my company, you can pay for your way through college. If you won’t live by my rules, then you won’t live under my care. Unless you marry a rich man like, I don’t know… Daisuke Inoue, who can control the company in your place, you will have nothing to your name,” he replied calmly. Rory’s eyes grew wide in shock. How could her father do this to her? Then, she was furious.

“That isn’t true! I’ve been making money off a book I wrote months ago. As of today, it has sold over ten thousand copies! I can do this, Father! I won’t be like Mom! I can guarantee that the only thing driving me to insanity is you! You won’t let me be who I am! I am not a businesswoman; I am a writer! I always have been!” Aurora screamed. She couldn’t believe that her father would keep her from her dreams. Her father, who had always loved her so much, would rather have her be miserable for the rest of her life than follow her heart, all because her mother had gone nuts doing the same thing.

“Then I will relieve you of me. By having nothing to your name, I meant that you will no longer have my money or my respect. You will no longer be my daughter. You won’t live in my house. I am giving you one month to get engaged to Daisuke Inoue, find someone better, or take over my company. Until then, I do not want to see you or hear from you. Let’s see how you can live just one month without me. I expect you to be gone by morning.” With that bombshell, he walked out of the house and drove away, probably to make arrangements with Daisuke. He figured Aurora would rather marry Daisuke than take over his company, but that man would certainly drive her insane, if not kill her. Rory had no idea where to go after she had packed her clothes, laptop, schoolbooks, and her wallet into one, medium-sized suitcase, her purse, and her shoulder bag. She thought of calling Haruhi, but she didn’t want to burden her or Ranka. She was afraid to call Tamaki because he’d let the entire Host Club know what was going on with her life. The twins would probably do the same. The only person she could think of calling was Kyoya. When he picked up his phone, she couldn’t help but feel terrible.

“Who is this? Do you know how long I just stayed up before finally falling asleep, and now you’re calling my personal phone at two in the morning?” he mumbled grumpily and groggily. Aurora was going to apologize and hang up, but she just couldn’t. Kyoya was the only person she could call- the only person who could make her feel better.

“I-I’m sorry, K-Kyoya! I-I just t-t-told my father that I w-wasn’t going to t-take ov-ver his business and h-he kicked m-me out! I-I don’t k-know what to d-do!” Aurora cried, unable to hold back her incoherent blubbering. She was sitting on the marble stairs in front of her house, but she didn’t have any neighbors. She was in the remote countryside, so she couldn’t really walk anywhere. All she could do was wait for Kyoya’s advice.

“Rory? Are you alright? Calm down, take a deep breath, and explain everything slower,” Kyoya told her. She did what he said, and after a few moments she calmed herself down enough to tell him everything.