Chapter 28

Previously:

"Stiles, please stop." He kept going, recklessly while his hand bled. 

"Stiles." You were getting angry.

"STILES." You yelled, fangs out voice growling.

Not more than a minute later, with Stiles in a corner scared out of his mind, and you attempting to control your anger spur, Scott arrived.

"I heard that from a miles away (Y/N)"

----~----

How is it that when you care so deeply for someone, it always gets you hurt?

That is what you thought for the days after your surge of anger. They have kept you locked away for one week, in hopes that whatever power you obtained is drained from your system. Though the relaxation of being in a cabin is making you more angsty, not so much calm.

"For fucks sake"  You muttered under your breath, though not quite quiet enough.

"Ei!  Minha sobrinha (my niece). Why so frustrated?" Your Aunt, Vincenza of Portugal got after you for swearing. Your father's side of the family has quite a bit of Portuguese in it, yet you have only recently met your aunt. Aunt Vincenza (veen-CHEN-tsah) is a powerful name. Its meaning is "the one who conquered." Of which she certainly did.

When she lived as a young girl, children would often find their way to her home. Little did she know her mother was a "Duende" a Portuguese word used to describe Goblins, pixies, and leprechauns. They are believed to be a small statue wearing big hats, whistling a mystical song while walking in the forest. Using their talent, they are believed to lure young girls and boys to the forest causing them to lose their way home.

Many children came and left, without a trace. As she got older, she got more curious. She later realized that her mother, a small faerie, (faeries are evil and mischievous unlike fairies) had been luring children to sell off to werewolves. Who knows what the wolves would do.

"I'm tired of being cramped in this cabin." You explained. It was your fourth day there and you were bored of doing NOTHING.

"Well, did I ever finish telling you the story of my kind?" She asked, sitting down next to you.

"Not quite, you got to the different types of fairies."

"Ah I remember," She started. " A faerie, evil and mischievous, much like my mother, was up to no good. No good at all. With the power of the plants of the earth, I bound my power to our mother planet, and made sure I used it only for good and nothing more. The earth's spirit is light and pure, much like my own. So I am a fairie of good nature, due to the help from the earth's core." Her English was not the best, due to obvious reasons.

"She let you be a good spirit?" You asked.

She laughed, "Of course not, sobrinha. I killed her."

Your eyes went wide, but she further explained.

"I asked around the town, what happened to those kids. Very few would talk to me about it, most were scared of my entire family due to my Mae (mother). I never realized she had done so much harm to the village."

"Like what?" You asked, getting more curious by the minute.

"She took people's cattle and burned their crops. We lived in a poor area, yet my family conquered the townspeople due to our evil power. Our family had a servant friend, she was more so a mother than my own. She always saw the light in me."

"Where is she? Did your mother kill her?" You asked.

"No, worse. She had banished Languisa from our home, from our town, from our entire region. Though Languisa was not scared, no. She never stayed away, and she never got caught. Though she died last winter, on her way to see me. The winters were much worse where had I lived then. I've had such guilt since."

"Is that why you moved here? "

She stood up and walked away, she made dinner that night and left you to yourself until morning. Though in your dreams, you weren't alone.

"(Y/N), can you hear me?"

You paused, unsure of what to make of this.

" How are you in my head, Stiles? How are you in my thoughts?"

"I don't know, I couldn't sleep so I tried calling you but I assume you don't have your phone."

"I have it, but we are in the middle of nowhere, three states away." You said.

"Where?"

"I'm in Colorado. I should have told you I was that far away."

"Well, you need the break after what happened, (Y/N)."

"Let's not talk about it."

"Technically we are thinking," Stiles remarked, you could tell that he was smirking.

The thoughts continued until you fell into a deep sleep. Being apart from him was dreadful.

The fight happened so fast between you, he came back to his senses after you shouted at him, somewhat changing into your supernatural form. He panicked, but not too long after he smirked. An evil smirk was flashed right at Scott, his eyes darted to you and before you could flinch, Stiles was in your face.

Later that night, after you and Scott restrained him and brought him over to Deaton, you found out it was a simple allergic reaction. Whatever was in the candles he lit during your dinner had a weird herb in them, causing him to react badly. Much like a wolf to wolfsbane. 

Meaning what?  You thought.

In the morning your Aunt acted as if nothing happened, and she didn't tell you about the sins of the family's past. Breakfast was made, and you even got to walk into town, get fresh food and lunch along the ridge. It was heavily enjoyable to be away from all of the madness.