Chapter 8

I wake up with a smile on my face; it's finally the last day of school! I get up and showered, getting dressed and pulling a beanie over my hair before I get Grace dressed and take her downstairs. We eat breakfast with Laura and Mark, Geoff joining us half way through, and then we leave for the bus stop. I see everyone standing at the bus stop and sigh when I see Michael, who is yet again chatting quietly to Ray.

"Come on Gav, just one more day." Geoff says, throwing his arm around my shoulders. I look up at him and smile slightly.

"Yep! One more day." I say, forcing enthusiasm, and he rolls his eyes, smiling. We reach the guys and say hello and Michael diverts his gaze away. I sigh, leaning into Geoff slightly. I sit next to Geoff on the bus and don't talk to Michael during form or first and second period. At break Geoff decides to throw a party at our house as Laura and Mark are taking Grace to meet Laura's parents so they won't be home until Saturday afternoon and it's the last day of school. Geoff sends out a text to nearly everyone in our year telling them we're having a party and to bring drinks, food and friends. Since it's the last day of school we break up at 12:30 so everyone has plenty of time to get ready before the party starts. When we get off the bus everyone goes home and gets ready for the party before coming round.

I jump in the shower when I hear the front door open, signalling the guys are here. I'm not ready to see Michael, he's been so pissy with me lately. Oh well, I'll just get drunk and try to take my mind off of him. I get out of the shower and get dressed in black skinny jeans and a cut out sides green day top I stole from Dan, as its really fucking hot today and the house is going to be full of people. I rub my hair dry and make it look purposely messy and shove my converse on before looking in my mirror. Not gonna lie, I look quite good. I smile slightly and put my chain back on before I walk downstairs to where Geoff is hiding anything valuable in the basement so it doesn't get broken or stolen.

"Wow Gav, who you tryin to impress?" He asks as he locks the basement door and I roll my eyes.

"No one, I'm just gonna get drunk and forget about Michael, even if it's just for a while." I mutter quietly and Geoff nods.

"Be careful Gavvo, don't let anyone take advantage of you." He says as we walk into the kitchen.

"I won't Geoff, don't worry." I say before helping Ryan and Jack set up the coolers full of alcohol and beers and stuff while Ray and Michael help Jason, Michaels brother who happens to be a part time DJ, set up his music stuff in the garden.

At around 8:30 I hear the door bell ring and I smile, glad that there is finally people here to distract me from Michael.

"I'll get it!" I tell the lads and I open the front door, leaving it open so people can just walk in. After around half an hour the house is packed full of people and I've already had 2 beers and 6 shots of vodka because every time I see Michael dancing with someone, I drink a shot. I walk into the garden and someone grabs my hand.

"Hey Gavin." A pretty hot boy that I vaguely recognise from school says in my ear so I can hear him over the music, he has brown wavy hair and ocean blue eyes.

"Hey! Scott right?" I ask and he nods.

"You wanna dance?" He asks and I nod, letting him drag me into the middle of the crowd of people dancing. He keeps a hold of my hand so we don't get separated and I start to dance awkwardly even though I'm pretty drunk.

"Just relax Gav." Scott says gently into my ear, putting his hands on my waist and moving my hips with his in time to the music. I would usually step back so he isn't touching me but I can see Michael and Ray standing close together chatting and decide fuck it so I smile and move against him, putting my arms around his shoulders. We dance together for a while and after around 20 minutes I look up into Scotts eyes, maybe he can help me get over Michael. I grab his hand and pull him out of the crowd and down the side of the house where no one is standing. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him gently. He wraps his arms around my waist and backs me against the wall, making me pull him closer, sliding my tongue into his mouth. We make out for around 5 minutes when I pull away and sigh.