3. No Home

The scream rang in my ears for a few moments. Tears were streaming down my face. I was terrified, yet I felt safe at the same time. Aya hugged me. "It's okay, hun. If you're staying around, you might want to get use to this." She said. "Stay around?" I asked. Will walked over to me and I turned around. Blood was dripping from his mouth. He put his hand against my face and wiped my tears with his thumb. "Aya, can you go help them clean up? We need a moment to talk." He said. She nodded and walked away.

Will picked up a cloth and started wiping the blood from his face. "I can't imagine what you must think of all this." He said. "I-I don't really know what to think.." I said. "It's my nature. At first I was going to let it go but then I thought about it.. What they did to you.. I wasn't going to let that go. No one touches what's mine let alone cause pain--"

"Im not yours, Will! You don't own me. Listen, I appreciate what you've done for me. I really do. But I can't stay here with you." I said. "And where will you go?" He asked. "I'm going home." I said heading for the door. "You can't leave now. It's not safe." He said. "Yeah? Well you can't stop me!" I said slamming the door shut. I started running. I ran as fast as I could. I made it back to my car and got in. I started breaking down. I drove off as fast as I could. It was hard to pay attention. Suddenly, what seemed like a man ran out in front of the car. I swerved and missed him, but ended up in a ditch and the car was wrecked. I laid on the ground looking up.  My vision was blurry. Then Will picked me up and I passed out.

I woke up again hours later in the same place I did last time. "Oh for fucks sake..." I said. I got up and walked out. Everyone else was sitting at a table, but Will was by the bar. I went over to him. "You fucking brought me back here?" I said, a bit irritated. "Where was I supposed to take you?" He asked. "I don't know..HOME." I said. "Listen, it doesn't matter how far you go. I'm attached to you. I can sense every time you're in trouble. The only thing that would keep me from getting to you is an ocean. But lucky for you, I don't plan on moving back to England." He said.

I sat down next to him, feeling defeated. Then I got up and went back to the other room. He followed me. "You know I couldn't let you go even if I wanted to." He said. I turned around to face him. "It's a funny thing..." I said, "I don't really want to leave..." I started crying again. I wanted to leave, but I didn't at the same time. Will put his hand on my cheek and once again used his thumb to wipe my tears. "Then why are you trying to?" He asked. I looked down, but he lifted my chin up. "I don't belong here, Will. I mean, I don't really belong anywhere."

"Of course you belong somewhere. Is it that you're scared? You know I would never hurt you. They wouldn't either. They've warmed up to you. Even if they tried you know I wouldn't let them." Will said. "It's not that. I know you wouldn't. It's just...I'm scared of you but I feel more safe than ever at the same time." I said. "Oh, hun. You don't have to be afraid of me. I know the things I do can be scary. I have needs too, they're just different. I won't ever make you witness it."

I hugged him and cried. I could feel the attachment that I had to Will. I didn't understand how I could stay here, though. One human in a group of seven vampires? I didn't know what to think or even how to feel about it. I looked up at him, tears still running down my face. He kissed my forehead. "I can't go home." I said. "I don't really have a home. I never stayed in one place very long." He hugged me tight. "Well you have one here, as odd as it may be."

I looked up at him again. He held my chin between his thumb and index finger, before leaning down and kissing me. I couldn't help but kiss him back. After a moment, he quickly pulled away and let go of me all together. "I can't..." He said. I looked at him, confused. "I'm attached to you because of my blood. I can't control that. But I can control how attached we are." He looked down. "I'm sorry." He walked out, leaving me confused.

A few moments later, Aya came in. "Hey, it's a beautiful night. We were all thinking of going for a walk. Do you want to come?" She asked. "Um sure!" I said. I felt at this point that I could trust them. The only person I wasn't sure I could trust was Chloe. She still gave me odd looks and seemed to avoid me at all costs. We walked out, passing Will. "You coming?" Sean asked. "Nah, you guys go on ahead. I'll stay here." He said. 

We walked for quite a while, mainly in silence. Then Chloe had walked up beside me and we got ahead of the crew a bit. "Ya know...don't feel special or anything." She said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You think Will's never gotten attached to anyone before? 'Cause that's not true. I was in your position once. When I was still human. I fell in love with Will, but knew I could never be with him because he was a vampire. I asked him to change me, but he refused to do it. So I got someone else to do it. I did it for him so we could be together. But he told me he didn't want to be with me. That whatever we had was gone now. So don't feel like you're special, 'cause it won't last."

She turned back and waited for the rest of the group. Then they stopped. "Do you hear that?" Sean asked. Suddenly another group of vampires jumped out from the forest in front of me. "Well, what do we have here? The Diamond Armada. Looks like you all have gotten yourselves a good catch tonight." The leader said, circling around me. "Sorry, Corvo, she's off limits." Aya said. My heart was beating a million miles an hour. "Aw, but it's nice to share, ya know?" He said. "And you know very well that Will doesn't share." Chris said.

This vampire, Corvo, leaned down to me. "Well, it seems as though Will isn't here right now." I was breathing heavy and didn't know what to do. He backed off for a moment. "So that means free picking." He smirked. Suddenly, Will showed up in front of me. "Sorry, Corvo. She's mine." Will said. "Well, well, well, Will Ryan. It's been quite a while. You haven't changed a bit. Still don't know what it means to claim someone. I don't see a bite on this girl. Such a shame. I'm sure she tastes marvelous."

"And who are you to tell me what to do with my possessions? She's mine, and I will do as I wish." Will showed his fangs and became irritated. Corvo just shook his head. "Such a shame..." Then they ran off. Will picked me up and ran back to the bar, leaving everyone else where they were. When we got there, he put me down. There was a moment of silence. Suddenly he pressed his lips to mine, pulling away a few moments later. "You are mine. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says."

"Then why are you fighting it?" I asked. "Because I love you. I really do. But the thing is...I'm dead. I'll be around forever. You won't. I can't stand the thought that one day I'd have to deal with losing you." He said. That brought me to tears. He hugged me. "Y-you wouldn't have to if-"

"No!" He backed up. "Don't ask me to do that! I won't!" He yelled. He backed up against a wall and sat on the floor. I sat next to him. "You don't deserve to live like this."

The feels ;-;