6. A New "Life"

I opened my eyes and found myself in a familiar dark room. Was this...Will's room? I could hear people walking upstairs. I stumbled around until I found the stairs. The crew was sitting around talking. Something felt different. Maybe I was just dreaming. I looked around and saw Will sitting in his chair. "Will.." I said softly. He looked over at me and in hardly a second I was hugging him. "Hey, love." He smiled. I looked around. "Wait...how..the fuck did I get over here so fast...?"

Will laughed. The whole crew was looking at me. "What?" I asked. Aya ran up to me and hugged me. She seemed really excited. "What are you so excited about?" I asked. She just smiled and sat back down. Will walked up behind me and put an arm over my shoulder. "So...hungry?" He asked. "Now that you mention it..." I said. He chuckled. "I must've been asleep for a long time." I said. "Well...more like a few seconds." Will laughed.

"Wait, what?" I asked. "You've been dead for a while." Chloe said, not so enthusiastically. I was confused as hell. "D-dead? So...I-it wasn't a dream?" I looked at Will. "No, love." He put his hand on my cheek. "You're one of us now..." He said. I could see a bit of remorse in his eyes. I looked down and around, still a bit confused. Then I smirked. This could be awesome. Will wouldn't have to be worried about losing me, either.

Then I started to worry. What if the same thing that happened to Chloe happens to me? What if he didn't have those feelings anymore? "Are you alright?" He asked, breaking my thoughts. I shook it off. "Uh y-yeah I'm fine. Just a lot of different emotions I guess." I said. "You should try to drink." Will said. We walked over to the bar. He got out one bottle of each blood type. "Try each, see which one you like best. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's what we got."

"I guess I can't feed you anymore..." I said, looking down a bit. "Don't you worry about that." He said with a smile. I took a sip of the first bottle, blood type O. I almost instantly gagged. "That is fucking horrible.." I said. Everyone laughed. I tried A and B, which tasted slightly less like shit. AB was the best, but I still didn't like it. "My fear is that as soon as you taste real blood, you'll refuse to drink any of this." Will laughed a bit.

"Well I guess we're ready to go." Chris said. "Go where?" I asked. "We're moving out." Chloe said. "We've determined that this is not the most suitable place to stay. So we're moving into a mansion not too far from here. There'll be plenty of space since there's so many of us." Will said. I liked the idea of that. I wasn't too sure what to think about the fact that they lived in the back of a bar that they didn't even own. "Only thing is, it's one room short. There's eight of us, seven bedrooms." Chloe said. Will chuckled. "That's not a problem at all." He said, winking at me.

We all got up and walked out. As soon s we were outside, I felt my senses enhanced. Especially smell. "You guys go on ahead, we'll be there in a bit." They nodded and ran off. Will looked down at me. I probably looked like a dumbass, sniffing the air so much. He chuckled a bit. "Okay, now first things first, don't go running o--" he started before I disregarded what he was saying and ran off. Being new at this, my hunger was getting the best of me. I ended up in front of big tree. Will caught up. "What did I just say?"

I laughed a bit and climbed up the tree, biting a squirrel. "Okay...not my first recommendation..but suit yourself." Will said. I jumped down shortly after. He gave me that 'what am I going to do with you' look. "What? I'm hungry." I said. "I know, but you can't go running off. You have to learn to control it." He said. I felt like ignoring what he was saying. "Besides...squirrels are not exactly the best food source.." He chuckled. "Yeah..no kidding," I said, pulling small hairs out of my teeth, "Ew..."

Will chuckled. I was ready to run off again, but he grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him. "No running off." He said. I laughed and decided to tease him. "Oh, you're getting kinky now? Though I can't blame you..I'm sure vampire sex is fucking amazing.." I leaned up to kiss him, but he held me away. "Maybe later..." He smirked, "but right now, you need to learn how to hunt properly. If you want to wait until tomorrow then go on ahead..run off again." He said, letting go of me.

I just looked at him. "Alright then.." He said, "first things first, we try not to kill the innocent. One of the first things to know...pay attention to people's actions. If they've done nothing wrong, they don't deserve to die. If there's ever a time we had no choice, some people are willing. Either way, contain yourself. Try not to kill them." He sighed. "Lucky for you... You don't need to worry about that tonight... Follow me." He smirked.

We ran for at least a mile before we came to a small bridge. There were two guys spray painting the cement. They had a fire lit in a barrel off to the side. Will told me the others had been tracking them while I was..'asleep'. He had this whole thing planned out. He told me they had picked fights...almost beating people to death...and they stole. "Okay...this is what we'll do..." Will started. "Heh...I think you underestimate me..." I said just before running down there. I already had a plan.

"Hey boys.." I said, walking over to them. "Well...what's a pretty little lady like you doin' around these parts? You must be lost." One of them said, smirking. "I'm afraid so... Perhaps you can help me?.." I smirked. "Oh, we'll help you alright.." The other said, lunging toward me. In less than a second, Will was pinning him to the ground, and I was pinning the other. "You don't listen very well, do you?" Will chuckled. I just laughed and didn't hesitate to sink my fangs into the man I was pinning to the ground.

Having been so hungry, it didn't take long to drain him enough to kill him. The odd thing was, I didn't feel any remorse. I didn't really feel anything. I walked over to Will as he stood up. "Feel better?" He asked. I nodded. He looked up and around. "It will be dawn soon. We should go." He said. We ran off toward the mansion, which wasn't too far. Everyone else was already there.

"How'd it go?" Aya asked. "Not bad, actually." Will said, coming up behind me. "Though, I'm not sure about your method of provoking..." He said in a deep voice. "Oh, don't tell me you get jealous," I turned to face him, "besides...I like seeing you get all possessive." I smirked. "Well...you may no longer be human, but you're still..." He paused for a moment and smirked. "Mine..."

"Might I suggest you two take this to the bedroom before it escalates any further.." Chris said. The others laughed. Will chuckled. "That's a good idea. You need to sleep." He said. "Sleep? I'm not even tired." I said. "Tired or not, you need to try. If you're awake while the sun is up, you'll feel ill until it sets." He said. "And it's not a pretty sight." Aya said. "Yeah...your ears and nose will bleed." Sean said. "As much as I wish they were trying to scare you, they're not." Will said.

I decided to take their advice and I headed up to the room Will and I would be sharing. I looked out the window. The sun would be coming up in about an hour. You could see mountains off in the distance. Will came up not long after, closing the door behind him. "Enjoying the view?" He asked, hugging me from behind. "It's beautiful..." I replied. "Not as beautiful as you..." He said softly, making me blush. I turned around to face him. He smiled, but I could see hurt in his eyes. I could feel it, too. I put my hand on his cheek.

"Why do you hurt, Will?" I asked. He looked down. "It's nothing you need to worry about, love." He said. "But it is. I can feel your hurt, too." I said. He sighed. "There is a special bond between a vampire and their maker. There's nothing stronger, actually. We can feel everything..including each other's emotions." He turned away and pulled off his blood-stained shirt. I walked around in front of him again. "Tell me what's hurting you.." I said. He held my hands and kissed my forehead. "You know I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted you to have to deal with this life."

"I know. But it's not your fault. Technically...it's mine. If I would've just listened to you...none of that ever would've happened..." I said. Will looked down. "But we can't change it now. It's done. We have to forget about the past. We have forever to make up for it...." I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him passionately. He pulled away for a moment. "What are you doing to me..?" He asked softly before smashing his lips into mine again, catching me off guard and causing both of us to fall back on the bed. I felt his hands running up my shirt, which was still stained with blood from earlier. He smirked. "If you're not tired now... Oh you will be..."

Oh you will be ;) SOOO that concludes my first book!

UPDATE: If you haven't noticed, the sequel (Bound By Blood: Remorse) is out now!