5.5 Consequences

Note: This is chapter "5.5" because it's so short. Also, it's technically an "extra" chapter. The story could go on without it.

"No!" Will shouted. "You can wrap me in the thickest silver chains you have and leave me to die before I'd do that to her!" Eric smirked. "He's made his choice." He said. "Will, no!" I shouted scrambling to my feet and hugging him. "It's okay..." He said, hugging me back. "No... Just turn me. I don't want to lose you!" I started to cry. He caressed my cheek with the back of his hand and blood tears fell from his eyes. "You'll be okay, love." He said before kissing me.

Two vampires came up and pulled us apart. They started dragging Will away. I noticed Corvo talking to Eric for a few moments. "Wait!" Eric suddenly shouted. "Bring him back!" I saw a smirk form on Corvo's face. "Let him go. There will be a change to your punishment." Eric said. He looked over at one of the girls standing next to him. "Val, stand next to the girl." He said. In less than a second, she was right next to me, her fangs showing.

"It has been brought to my attention that the only way this crime can be justified, is to give us a life. To replace the one that was taken. So, Will, I give you the same options once again. But this time, if you choose to not take her life yourself, then not only will you be locked away but you will be forced to witness Val take her life for you. Once again...your choice." Eric said. "You can't do that.. It is not Val's life to take!" Will shouted. "If that's the case, then I guess you have no choice..." Eric said. Suddenly Val pushed me down to the ground in front of Will.

"You are aware of the procedure?" Eric asked. "You can't force me to do this.." Will tried begging again. "If you waste more of my time I will kill her myself!" Eric yelled. Will fell to his knees and looked me in the eyes. He cried even more. "I can't..." He said. "Please, Will... It's going to happen either way. I'd rather you be the one to do it... If you don't they'll lock you up and who knows what they'll do with me..." He shut his eyes tight, surely hoping this would all be gone when he opened them.

"Tick tock, Mr. Ryan. Get on with it." Eric said impatiently. Will leaned down and kissed me. "I love you..." He said. "I love you too..." His fangs came out and I felt that familiar pain in my neck, this time lasting longer and longer. My vision became more and more blurry...until everything went black.

So the reason I said this chapter is extra is because it didn't really need to be written. If you were to go on and skip this chapter, it would have the same ending. This just digs more into the trial and shows how no matter what Will chose, the same thing would've happened. Okay, carry on :)