i.

Jimin stared at the door. He didn't want to open it because if he opened it, he would have to walk out of it, and if he walked out of it, he would have to go to school, and if he had to go to school...

He didn't want to go to school.

That was it came down to, every day.

His mom patted his back. "Hurry up, Jimin. You're going to be late."

I wish I was so late that I didn't even have to go. "Right," Jimin said, smiling and laughing cutely like he was just being a ditz. He put his hand on the doorknob and twisted, opening the door. The school bus was just pulling up.

The sight made Jimin sick.

"Run, Jimin! Or you'll miss it!" his mom yelled.

So Jimin had to run and ended up getting to the bus just as it opened the doors. He ignored the normal taunts and quickly sat down in the first seat, which was empty. He had some notion that if he sat close to the bus driver, he'd be safe, that nobody would target him. Maybe it was working. He didn't know.

He ignored the other kids because they were only saying things he'd heard before.

Jimin has to run to the bus because he has to lose weight.

He's pathetic. Why does the bus even stop for him?

Only ugly people sit in the front.

The words didn't bother him as much because they were unoriginal and dull. They'd lost their shine, from back when they were new and sharp and painful. They were still painful, but their edges had been smoothed out a bit.

Jimin had just come to accept them.

short chapters

important: in this fan fiction, jimin does not know bts, nor do they live together, etc. they are all roughly the same age though.