Chapter One

"What are you gonna do?" Toriee asks loudly in my ear even after I've told her to be quiet.

"Shhh" I say again pressing my finger into my lip. "I don't know." I look back down at the letters In front of me and read them again, Harvard University accepted, Oklahoma University accepted with a softball scholar ship, and lastly American Film Institute accepted with a full ride. "These are all my dream schools how am I suppose to pick just one?" I ask getting up and turning so I'm In front of my bed before slamming my head into my pillow.

"What are you suppose to do first on a test?" Toriee asks after pacing around the room for a few minutes.

"Get down to two chooses, but I don't see how..." I start but she cuts me off.

"Ok well, you have scholar ships to two of them, and the most expensive is Harvard. Plus If they want you now, who's to say they won't want you still in a few years when you have life experience?" she said and I nod thinking It over for a few minutes, then just like that we're down to two choices when she shoves the letter Into my desk drawer. "Now it gets difficult."

I sit up and look at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well I wasn't going to tell you till I knew If you made it too, but I got into the softball program." she said a smile creeping onto her face. Just before I opened my mouth her phone rang and she quickly pulled it out recognizing her mom's ringtone. After a few muttered yes and no's she taped the end button and slipped it back into her pocket. "You can congratulate me and we can plan how to get a room together later." she said hugging me and yelling bye from the bottom of the stairs.

I sat down in my desk chair and spun around smiling. Toriee and I and had been talking about this since fifth grade. I turn back to my desk when I finally felt like I was going to throw up if I spun around one more time. I look down and pick up the letter to OU that laid in the center of my desk scanning over the letter one more time then hanging it on the collage of picture I had hanging up of me and Toriee. I sat back down still looking at the new and old pictures surrounding the letter.

I look down at my desk again after my short period of remembrance, when I look do so my smile fades seeing the AFI letter laying folded on my desk. I feel my stomach turn and think about my TWO options. On one hand I would be doing the one thing I've played on doing for years, but on the other hand I would be following my dream while crushing my best friend's. There is no way I can make a choice like that. So I decided to do the one thing I can think of, call my brother.

"Danny!" I yell when he finally answers my video call.

"Hay Shelbs." he says back smiling. "I see you finally got your laptop back."

I look down and think about when we broke it while fighting over it almost a year ago. In return my mom got it fixed and put up blocks on pretty much everything my school had blocked. No more YouTube, no more Facebook, nothing for an entire year.

"Yeah." I say as I rub the side of it lovingly. "I need to get on Facebook!" I say overly dramatically.

He laughs and shakes his head at my childish behavior even though I'm older than he is. "I miss you so much sis." he says and I feel a tear start to form in my eye.

"I miss you to bub, how's dad and Steph?" I ask, "oh and Tommy of course."

"Dad's good, so Is Steph, but you know I still don't like Tommy's friends." he says putting infuses on the still as If I've known for years.

"What do you mean you don't like his friends?" I ask looking at the twelve year old on the screen in front of me as he looks around making sure they weren't in ear shot.