Chapter Two

When I wake up I have five missed calls from Toriee and a bunch of boxes piled around me. I sit up and feel crunching underneath me as I lay my hands on the newspaper spread across my bed.  I look at the time and see it’s only ten in the morning, and then I look at what time Toriee’s last call was, three in the morning. I decide not to call her back and pack spend the day packing.

                I walk down stairs and smell bacon sitting on the table I look around and don’t see another sign of my mom till I spot a note siting behind the plates on the table. I pick it up and smell my mom’s perfume before I even open it.

                “I was hoping we could have a quick breakfast but I had to leave to finish up the details of your trip. I love you and will be home by twelve. P.S don’t eat all the food!” I quickly scan over the card again before siting it down and making a plate of eggs, toast, and bacon.

                I run the plate back upstairs and sit it on my desk as I grab a piece of bacon biting a large piece off of it. I walk back to my bed and grab my iPod sliding the screen unlocked and placing my music on shuffle.  When I finally sit down to start wrapping everything up I get another call. I get up after sighing loudly and grab my phone off the desk picking up another piece of bacon and shove it in my mouth.

                I don’t even have time to say anything before I hear the voice speck out. “Five o’clock.”

                “What?” I ask not even knowing who I was talking to.

                “This is one of Tommy’s friends I was just told to use his phone to call you and tell you your mom knew how excited you were so she moved your flight up from five tomorrow morning to five o’clock tonight.” He says calmly.

                “Ok thank you bye.” I say suppressing a squeal as I hang up the phone.

                I quickly finish packing up everything including my bed spread and sheets. When I look around my room I feel like I did when I first moved in. I sigh and lay on my bed turning my head so I’m looking just above my empty desk when my college of pictures use to hang.

                I stand back up and look at the time, 1:30, I pick up my phone and call Toriee. It only took a few rings for her to answer. “Hello!” she says mocking one of my favorite YouTubers Marcus Buttler.

                “Hey, you should come over I have to talk to you.” I say in a serious voice so she knows I’m not joking around.

                “I’ll be there in two.” She says and the other end of the line goes dead.

                I sit back down on my bed thinking of how I’m going to tell her that I was giving up on our childhood dream come true. I was pacing around when she walked in my room. “What’s up?” she ask concern filling her voice.

                “I don’t know how to say this so I’m just going to come out and say it, I’m not going to OU.” I say and she sates at me.

                “Ha ha, very funny. Seriously what’s wrong?”  She says and I just look at her.

                “I just told you I’m not going to OU, I’m sorry but I have to follow my dreams. I’m going to AFI in California I’m leaving tonight.” I say and she quickly goes from worried to angry.

                “So just like that you’re giving up on our dream and leaving?” she says her voice rising to a yell. “I can’t believe you! I didn’t even want to go to OU, you put it in my head and I went along with it and not you’re just dropping off just like that? You’re such a great friend!” she yells sarcasm and venom in her voice.