Chapter eleven

JAKE'S SIDE 

Dustin  dropped me at my house's gate.
I was the last one to be dropped.
After playing archery , we went ice skating.
As much as Kristy can't play archery she is a great skater.
We had lunch after ice skating and then decided to meet later at Kristy's house for a sleep over thing.
So now at home I would just pack my clothes and then wait for Dustin  to pick me up."Mom I'm home!", I  shouted as I entered the house.
Silence.
Well there is nobody here.
I'll just text her later.
I went up stairs to my room and started packing PJ's , bathing towels ( i have two,face cloth and the other one is for the body.) , roll on, teethbrush, cologne and my underwears.
While waiting for Dustin, I texted mom telling her I'll be sleeping out.
She replied with a simple 'okay'.
Advantages of being a boy.
After placing my phone in my pocket, the door bell rang.
That must be him.
I took my bag and put it over my shoulder and rushed to open the door.
When I opened the door I felt the urge to close it.
I hate it when strangers stop by our house and ask for silly things.
One day an old lady stopped and asked if the house was on sale.
Like really? Wouldn't there be a 'For sale' sign in the larn if we were selling the house?
"How can I help you sir?"
"Do you have time?", he asked.
"Excuse me sir?"
"I need your help", he continued without even bothering to introduce himself.
"Okay, what's your last name sir?", I asked him.
"That doesn't matter. I really need to talk to Kristen Cruz . Please can you help me reach her?"
"That person you need to talk to is my friend and she has been through a lot, I think the last thing on her mind right now is to talk to some stranger who doesn't even introduce himself" as I was saying these words I crossed my arms in front my chest and looked straight to his eyes.
" I'm Robert Paxson and I know what she has been through. I think I know something that can give her closure."

As soon as I heard those words, I wasn't sure if it was mendacity or the veracity but I felt like I could at least give him the chance.
The truth is since yesterday when I heard what her uncle did to her, I started thinking of possible ways that could help her find inner peace.
What was her uncle's name again?
She didn't tell me.
"Come in", I said and stepped away from the door way.
He got in and as I showed him to sit down he sat.
I went to the kitchen and made juice. When I reappeared , placing the glass infront of him I asked him the important question.
"Would you like to elaborate on how are you planning to make sure that Kristy gets closure?"
He said he can have a private talk with her,but not before being shocked of the name 'Kristy'.
"So what exactly do you want me to do", I asked him while looking at my guess watch.
"I need you to get her to talk to me. Maybe like prepare dinner, I can help with that, then I can talk to her. Alone."
"Excuse me, there is no way I can leave a stranger alone with Kristy. No way!"
"If we were to ask who is a stranger to Kristen between me and you , the answer would be YOU."
This is getting way out of hand.
"What are you implying?"
"She didn't tell you, did she?"
"Tell me what?", this guy likes to talk ambiguously .
"Tell you about her uncle", he answered frowning.
"She did but she didn't tell me his name. Do you know him?"
"Yes,I do know him. He is me. I'm her uncle."
As he said those words I felt anger in every part of my body. I stood up, sat down and stood up again.
"Get out!", I said pointing at the door as if he didn't know where it was.
Heat suffused my face.
"I need to apologise to her that might give her closure", he said not moving from the couch as if he didn't hear me.
Clouser. Closure . Closure.
As much as I hated agreeing with him , he was right.
Maybe that's all she needed. Closure. To stop her bad habit.
Sighing I said," Fine, I will talk to her other friends and we'll see what we can do. Don't think this has been obscured.
I will need your numbers."
After giving me his numbers he said 'thank you' then left.
Should I tell Kristen  what happened today?
Nope, I can't. She might not want anything to do him.
So we will have to do it behind her back , for her own good.
By WE i mean Carrie , Dustin and I.
KRISTEN'S SIDE
When I was done dressing up , there was a knock on the door.
Dressing means wearing pjs.
I was wearing my pink with red lipstick marks short and a matching white t-shirt written 'my heart is filled with LOVE '.
Don't ask me why i was wearing that.
I made piggy tails before going downstairs to answer the door.
"Guys, you are late ", I  said as I opened the door.
The first one to get in was Carr followed by Dustin then the last one was the one and only Jake.
"When we asked you what time we were supposed to arrive on , you said any time", Dustin  answered.
He handed me the plastic bag he was holding.
There were two packs Doritos, roman creams and chockits.
"Thanks for the snacks."
"You're welcome. ".
What was  wrong with Jake  and Carr. They were both quite and looked as if they had just  seen a ghost.
"...Carrie!", i called her.
I had to call her five times before she turn her head my direction.
"Are you okay?", I asked her.
She faked a smile and then nodded her head.
The very same thing happened with Jake .
The only person who looked human and alive was Dustin .
"Guys, if you don't feel like doing the sleep over today we can always do it some other time", I told them.
They agreed and then left.
So I took the plastic Dustin came with, went to my room and ate everything

I wonder what's wrong with Jake  and Carr.
-----------------------------------------------
A/N
Hey!
It's me again.
I hope you are still enjoying the story.

English is not my first language, so please understand some grammatical errors.
This book is unedited, so you will find errors. :)

Don't forget to vote, if you are liking the book, comment and share.

Love
Sthabile