Prologue

T H E
R U N A W A Y
C H R O N I C L E S

S U M M A R Y :
Seventeen year old Peyton Summers parents are concerned she that she has become a lost cause.
Her grades have drastically dropped and she has been taking a lot of wrong turns and heading down a worrying pathway. Her parents are positive that Peytons strong bond with her rebellious, head turning, jaw droppingly gorgeous neighbour is having a destructive outcome on her education, health, reputation, and not to mention her relationship with her family.
It all came to life on a chilly autumn morning. It was that certain, chilly morning in which seven year old Ashton Suverlans moved into the property next door to Peyton Summers household, that her life had taken a change. She just didn't know that yet. But was this change for the better, or for the worse?
She feels misunderstood. Her family hold little to no faith in her, so why should she hold onto a hope that is non-existent. One day, Peyton Summers and Ashton Suverlans disappear. She is afraid of the future. She is afraid of growing up. She thought running away was a noble idea. She thought she would be living the dream, but she is soon to find out otherwise.
Soon enough, the pair are put into some sticky situations where they have to decide whether honesty or deception will help them get out of it.
Let this book take your emotions on a wild journey, as you get the opportunity to experience real-life situations head on, and see how young Peyton Summers takes on a series of life changing events.   
A series of love, heroes, sadness and other drugs.
Will Peyton find hope in all of this madness?
Time doesn't wait for anyone, so she must do it before it's too late.

E P I G R A P H:
"Ignorance is dangerous. But knowledge without responsibility is more dangerous."
- Anonymous.
C O P Y R I G H T :
Copyright ©2016 of SophieBir687
All Rights Reserved
Copyright: 'The Runaway Chronicles.' Including the entire Chronicles Series, all chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated content is COPYRIGHTED. All rights reserved by the owner and creator of this work, Sophie Louise (SophieLou736) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution, or unauthorized selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of copyright is punishable by law.
T I M E L I N E :
Started: October 3rd 2016
Uploaded: August 17th 2017
Finished: ??
WARNING: Story contains coarse language, substance abuse, sexual references, drug use and violence. Recommended 15+, anyone below the recommended age, continue on at your own risk.

PROLOGUE:
You know that feeling when you're asleep in your bed at night. That feeling when you're at your calmest. At your most tranquil... and suddenly, you're falling. And your body jumps and your stomach twists and your head feels a little light and dazed. After that you're left in a temporary five second shock before you eventually drift off to sleep for the second or third or fourth time that night. Well take that feeling but imagine that you're on the edge of a three story rooftop and before you know it, it's as though the gravity is stolen from beneath your feet and suddenly, you're freefalling through the night's air.
Well I was currently in this exact situation. Let me recap what had happened.
It was 12:37am on a warm Summer's night. My neighbour, and best friend, Ashton Suverlans and I had been driving around aimlessly for the past forty five minutes. We decided it would be a great idea to sneak out and see where the night took us. After a long time of deciding what fun the night held for us, we decided to drive down to the local baseball stadium and break in. Yes... break in. We had climbed the shifty wire gate with no struggle and headed over to the stadium stands. We used to drive down here all the time together and hang out on the roof of the stadium.
We were laying on the roof, staring at the stars and sitting in a comfortable silence.
"I brought you a gift, am I not the best friend in the entire universe." He chuckled to himself, before holding his hand out, holding a joint in which had a green ribbon wrapped around the middle.
"Oh my dear sir Ashton, what would I ever do without you?" I pretend to swoon.
We both began to smoke and before I knew it, an hour and a half had passed. Suddenly, a giant spotlight turns on and shines right in our direction. Fuck.
"FUCK! RUN PEYTON!" Ashton screamed before getting up and grabbing my hand.
"RUN WHERE YOU IDIOT?! WE ARE THREE FUCKING STORIES HIGH! LITERALLY!" I screamed back at him.
Imagine being on a three story rooftop and having no quick escape route. Now imagine that whilst being under the influence of marijuana. Not the best circumstances for this situation.
"Peyton... we're gonna have too... we're gonna have to jump!" Ashton exclaimed.
I couldn't help but to laugh at his statement... and I honestly don't know if that was because of the influence of the marijuana, or for how unquestionably ridiculous Ashton is.
IS HE ABSOLUTELY BONKERS?! IS HE TRYING TO GET US EVEN MORE KILLED THEN WE ARE GOING TO BE IF WE GET CAUGHT!?
He gives me one look before saying to me,
"Peyton... its either we jump or we may as well bloody wait for the cops to come up here and get us, because unless we jump, we are GOING to get our asses locked up!"
He has a point. A very stupid point. But still, I see the point.
"Ash, I swear to fucking god... if we die..."
He cuts me off,
"You won't fucking die. I've got you, just trust me. It all falls back down to trust. Do you hear me?"
"Yes." I say with a grunt.
Hand in hand, we walk to the edge of the rooftop. Looking down, there are three large garbage bins.
"We'll land on the garbage bags and then as soon as we land, we run. Ok?"
Before I get the chance to agree, the faint sound of sirens wailing rings through our ears.
"Fuck. On three." Ashton says, before sending me a quick glance.
"Ok One...  tw..." but before I can even finish counting to three, Ashton takes a huge leap and suddenly, it is as if I am falling off of the face of the Earth.
We land with a massive bang.
"YOU DICK, YOU COULD HAVE WAITED!"
"No time sugar, now let's go!" he tells... more like orders, me.
We jump out the garbage disposal bin before legging it down the path and jumping over the wire fence. But before our feet manage to hit the ground, blue and red flashing lights and the sound of the siren are there to greet us. I turn around to be face to face with a cop car.
Ashton and I send each other a quick glance before he grabs my hand and we bolt out onto the street. We see Ash's car and I am secretly thanking god that he forgot to put the roof up. We don't stop sprinting until we get to it. I jump over the boot and land in the back seat with a thud, before hopping in the front while Ash turns on the car and puts his foot down. He speeds down the uneven road and takes lefts and rights here and there, the police car following every turn. He puts his foot down harder before making a right and then a left.
"ASH?! IT'S A DEAD END, WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO NOW!" I yell.
"Fuck!" he yells in frustration before slamming his fists against his steering wheel.
The car comes to an abrupt halt and before we have time to reverse, the cop car comes tearing around the corner, blocking our only possible escape route.
"We are soo so dead this time Ash." I tell him with a sigh, giving up in defeat.
And that, ladies and gentleman... is how I, Peyton Summers, got myself locked up for committing a series of felonies at four am with my dipshit of a best friend, Ashton Suverlans.