Medusa's Daughter

I've never seen my mother before. In fact I've never seen anyone before. As a blind child I would never learn what it was like to see objects, or understand colour. The world around me is not unknown. The place I live is unusual to the outside world where I came from.

My mother took me away from my parents as a baby and had explained why. She was hated by many and her heart had hardened to stone. Furious and tortured by her curse to turn any who dared look at her to stone sheafs everyone know how she felt. Everyone thought my mother was a heartless monster but I have since learned different.

When my mother turned my parents to stone she was going to turn me to stone as well. Her curse made it impossible for her to have offspring so she hated children and families the most. I am the only child who she did not hate. The only one who stopped made her stop in her tracks. For when she looked down at me in my cradle I did not turn to stone. How could I? I could not see therefore her curse did not harm me.

That was the day the woman with the stone heart found love again. My mother told me that when she saw me, and that I did not turn into a statue, she was given hope. Hope that she could still have love in her life.

As I grew older she taught me how to defend myself should I venture outside, as well as to read and write and more. I am now the blind heiress to an army of deadly forces and dark creatures. Dark powers have been put upon my by her and I am nothing but grateful. People may look down on my in the streets for my vacant eyes but I do not care. For I know that I am powerful.

It has been sometime since my mother was killed by that cursed angel and Hades. Before she fell she gave all of her power to me so I may take her place. Hades is no more and now I run the underworld. I am the one in control.

Medusa was cursed by Palutena who claims she merely made my mother the reflection of her heart. I wonder to this day what that wretched goddess would look like under that look of purity. An ugly and cruel beast is what she would look like I'm sure. Those who gazed upon her would burn.

I am determined to continue what my mother started. The only way to fight back would be to get rid of the angel that that witch hid behind as a shield. He can't fly for long but I can fly for hours thanks to my mother's abilities.

I intend to watch as they both burn.