Chapter Fourteen : Never underestimate me!

I leave the cave and go outside, where all the people are gathered. I look down on the ground, just to see dead Gaara, and Chiyo-baa-chan doing forbidden jutsu. She is giving her life away to save Gaara.

"Chiyo-baa-chan." I whisper and sit in front of her. Naruto is helping her, giving some of his Chakra. I put my hand over theirs and start pouring my Chakra as well.

"Sakura?!" Chiyo asks me and tries to get rid of my hands. "You are wounded!"

"I killed... him." I whisper and my tears fall on Gaara's body. "I killed... Sasori." Everyone looks at me, shocked and confused.

"You killed him?" Naruto asks me and smiles. I nod, but tears don't stop. I couldn't do that. He died. "I am sorry." He whispers and smiles at me sympathetically.

"Yeah, its okay." I murmur and look around. "We have to save Gaara." They nod and we pour more Chakra into his system.

"Sakura, its dangerous for you." Chiyo-baa-chan whispers worriedly at me. "I will die and before I do, I want to know that you are okay."

"Never underestimate me!" I smile gently at her. "I am Sakura Haruno, proud sister of Sasori and I will not back down." I say loudly in Naruto style and grin at grandmother. "Baa-chan... I can do that, don't worry about me." She nods, smiling.

"I trust you Sakura." She whispers again and looks from Gaara's  body up at me. "Sakura, I love you and all your cousins." She whispers and looks down. "And... I loved your sister and brother dearly. Rin and Sasori... they were through a lot..." chiyo looks away from me. "And you... you had it worst." She smiles at me and her eyes start getting glassy.

"I love you, baa-chan." I whisper and she smiles at me last time, then she closes her eyes.

***

Gaara was taken in the Hospital, and I was nearly taken there as well. I was Chakra deplete and I could barely walk, but I didn't want to be there.

"Naruto...?" I call to him and he looks at me. He is still standing at the grave of Chiyo-baa-chan. "What are you doing here?" I thought he was with Gaara, and I hoped to be here alone. But I don't mind him, here.

"I am sorry." He whispers and looks in my eyes. "I only lost my father, and you have lost all of your family in front of your eyes." He whispers and looks away from me. "You felt your sister's death, saw how died your parents, killed your own brother and then... you were able to do nothing while your own grandmother was dying in front of you to save your cousin."

"Well, yeah." I whisper and look at baa-chan's grave. I remember all the time I have spent with her.

Flashback...

"Granny?" She looks at me, her eyes studying me.

"Yes, Sakura?" Chiyo-baa-chan asks me and smiles at me. "What happened?"

"Nothing..." I whisper slowly and smile. "I was just wondering..." she looks at me confused. "Why do I have to lose everyone? My family?"

"What do you mean? You still have me and... Sasori."

"But sooner or later you will die." I murmur and look down. "And I will have to kill Sasori." She looks sadly at me.

"Yes." She nods. "But... that doesn't mean that you will lose everyone." She smiles softly at me. "You still have your friends."

I nod and smile at her.

End of flashback...

She knew what was important for me and she died because of that. She knew that I had to kill Sasori, that's why she didn't interfere. And she taught me puppetry, because she knew how important for me it was.

"Naruto." He looks at me, little bit confused. "Thank you."

"Huh?" He asks me confused and looks at me.

"You were next to me, when I needed it the most and..." I gulp and look away from him. "You never blamed me... for... M-Your dad's death." He looks at me and smiles.

"Saku-chan." He calls my name and makes me look inside his eyes. "Dad loved you like his daughter and he died protecting what he loved." He smiles. "There is nothing to blame your for."

I smile fondly at him and swipe away my tears. He is right. AnI am thankful for his words.

"Come we need to go." I murmur and flash him my smile.

***

It's night and it's freezing. Starry sky is looking down on us. And I am engulfed in my own thoughts.

I am by the lake, away from the camp and its occupants. Not that I don't want to face my friends, but right now I want to be left alone.

"Who is there?" I ask irritated and look back, from where I feel someone's presence.

"Very well." Someone whispers and I freeze as I can't make out whose voice it is.

"Who are you?" I ask irritated and look at the people's direction.

"Pein." It's the last thing I hear before I am engulfed into darkness.