chapter two

It was as if I had entered a whole new world and left the other one behind. It was antique and old looking. At first I felt cold but eventually I felt like I belonged. It was not a normal  room , it was magnificent .

The way the curtains made of thick worn out brown material drooped down the outstandingly large windows . A whole shelf filled with rare books I had never heard of . They looked untouched , as if someone bought them but never layed a finger on them. They still looked old nevertheless. The wallpaper was peeling of yet in a way still looked elegant.

  Through all of this room there was one thing I could not take my eyes off . There was a gigantic chest located in the corner of the room ,like it was pushed aside for a reason .

Though the beauty of the room was beyond what my eye could comprehend but there was still a feeling , a feeling I myself can not describe but as if those of the past were still present in this very room , like the whispers I could hear were the burdens of secrets being lifted.

My hand sweeps across the chest , I blow off the dust to find a strange pattern of a dark dusty golden shade. It was unique.The chest itself was a light ancient green colour outlined with a thin dark blue line.

I had never seen anything like it.I glance at the bottom of the chest and sigh with disappointment due to it being locked. There must be something intriguing inside , something that would catch my attention. The natural human curiosity had gotten to me , I was not planning on resisting .

I try to find the key by skimming through the room however come to see something , no someone. There was a dark  figure. I try to gape at this shadow lurking around the room however it seemed to have disappeared.  For further investigation I raise and moderately walk towards it .

There was something strange in here . What if it could tell me about my past, who I am ? All these unanswered questions had created a deep hole of sadness in my heart , which could not be filled by all the lies I knew were false.

The closer I get the more the fear is building in my mind . Thoughts of all sorts rushing through my mind . Though a normal person would run I felt strong enough , like I could defeat this figure which was of course very unlikely.

I get closer and closer  until I pause. I am here. what an irrational decision I had made. Me vs this person I don't know of , for all I know he/she could be a kooky serial killer or a cannibal who will eat me till my flesh is no longer on  my bones. My heart stops pumping. I gradually take hold of the curtain , until footsteps . I hear the footsteps walking down the stairs , could they be the noises I could hear.These footsteps were familiar , the beat step after step,the steadiness,the smoothness.I knew who it was.                                                                                                    

''Ava?'' After he arrives at the bottom step , we exchange a stare , it had been years since I had seen my uncle.                                                   ''My dear what are you doing here?''

 In reply I eventually say in a whisper '' I need answers , I don't know anymore, I don't know who I am' 'Why your my niece Ava' he says as if he doesn't know that I am aware of the secrets.

''Uncle , i know that my father isn't who you say , i found something , a letter''.

''Well what did it say ava''

''Thats not the point i know who I am , i know what I am'' I said firmly.

'Im sorry dear, you were not meant to find out this way, we didn't tell you as we wanted you to be the last of us , we were simply trying to save you from a life of mystery''.

 '' how do you think it made me feel , i felt strange and unusual everyday , and now i finally find out that i am not one of them ''

 '' the life you think you would be living if you were a vampire is not what you are thinking , there is violence , if people knew you will be taken or worse you would be killed''

thank you to those who have carried on reading it really does mean a lot  since this is the first book i have ever wrote. i will still be carrying on writing this book. i would really appriciate if you read it all

xxxxxxx