2

Adina's POV - Introduction to her life

A thousand years after my death as Diana, I am reincarnated as Nam Adina, a daughter of a rich and arrogant family. However, with the pictures of Diana and Ronnie deep in my mind since birth, I didn't grow up to be narcissistic like my brother or egoistic like my mother.

At first, I wasn't too sure if Diana and Ronnie's story was a real deal to me, but his warmth from holding hands still left a sense of presence even after a thousand years. It was different from when holding hands with mom, dad, or brother. When I held hands with mom, it was cold. Then, brother, it's sweaty and gross, I don't know why. Maybe it was because, at that time, we were meeting his fiance for the first time and he was nervous that he would not be able to succeed in suppressing his narcissistic attitude. In the end, he failed and the arranged marriage was canceled. And finally, my dad... his hands were warm but it was nothing like Ronnie's. 

At age of 6, I moved to Seoul, South Korea due to my parent's business. Even before that, I moved about twenty times and wasn't able to make any decent friends, so I was lonely. Yet somehow, Ronnie's warmth reassured me to be strong. For some reason that I didn't understand at that time, I moved to Daegu to live with my dad's mom or grandmom in another word. 

During the stay at my grandmom's place, I was able to make friends at a Daegu elementary school; however, it didn't last after an incident in 5th grade.

"I saw a nightmare last night. It was scary," half crying, a friend said.

"Really? I always see my past memory when I sleep," I said.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I'm reincarnated," I answered.

"What kind of person were you back then?" She asked, curiously.

"I was a pretty girl," I answered.

"Oh, cool!" She seemed interested in the story, so I went ahead explaining every detail about my memory of when I was Diana. 

The next morning, I arrived at school a bit late than usual due to helping out my grandma's work on the temple. I hurried to the door of the classroom until I heard my name and laughter. 

"She's such an idiot for thinking that I believe every word she said," a friend said, laughing and continues on, "and guess what she said after I asked her what she was like back... she said she was pretty. Ha, that's hilarious." Everyone laughed along.

"All she has is money," one boy added.

"If only she had a look, I would've gone to her already," another said.

"Nah, I wouldn't go for her. She lives in a crooked temple," another said.

"Hey, by the way, my dad just bought a video recorder for me yesterday," a boy changed the subject and they started to crowd around him.

"Let's do a prank on her. We can even take a video of her too."

"I mean she does deserve a punishment for calling herself a pretty." 

Then, they were planning on how to prank on me.

I was afraid to open the door. Tears welled up in my eyes as my hand shivered, not enough confidence to open the door. 

Then, suddenly,

"You know for someone who said she's not pretty, you're not so pretty yourself. And you think she deserve a punishment for calling herself pretty, then, don't you need a punishment for calling yourself pretty when you're not? She doesn't deserve a punishment for she's nothing like any of you, who's just a worthless shit," a boy said as he walked in through another door of the classroom.