Chapter 14 *

A/N - Thanks everyone for your continued support and reviews throughout this story! I’d like to shout out to a few special reviewers Bookworm_287, destinyvasquez12, and josimaee – your comments always made me smile! The final chapter, I hope it won’t disappoint! Let me know what you think about the finale!

I gaze upon her as she sleeps in my arms. I take the time to memorize the feeling of her body against mine, the smoothness of her skin and the sound of her heartbeat. My arms instinctively tighten as I pull her closer to me. I bury my face in her luscious dark hair and inhale her intoxicating sweet scent that I love so much.

"Did you just smell me?" She asks. Even with her back to me I know she's smiling.

"Yes." I say brushing her ear with my lips. I feel a shiver run through her body. I love how her body reacts to me.

"Dimitri," she says rolling over to face me, "promise me you'll watch after Lissa."

"No." I say, a look of horror and shock covers her face. "Roza, I already told you I'm not leaving you again." A small smile tugs on the corner of her luscious pink lips.

"I don't think they'll let you stay here Comrade." She smirks and I shrug. "I'll always love you." She says. "No matter what happens, remember I love you, I always have and always will." A lone tear runs down her cheek. I reach up and wipe it away with my thumb and rest my forehead on the bars that separate us.

"My sweet Roza I told you this isn't the end." I say as I pull her lips to mine. There is something different about this kiss. It's slow, yet powerful. Her tongue delicately brushes against my upper lip before flickering the tip of my tongue causing me to growl. I graze her lower lips with my teeth and gently nibble until she moans.

"I love you so much." She whispers as the main door opens. We both freeze but don't separate.

"Oh, um, it's time." Mikhail says as he unlocks and opens my door. "I'll give you two a moment of privacy." He says as he walks back out of the room.

"Dimitri." Rose whispers as she grips onto my back. I hear the pain and nervousness in her voice. She'll never admit it but I can tell she's scarred.

"Shhh…" I coo as I twirl her hair between my fingers. "I already told you I'm not going anywhere without you." She pulls away from and steps out of my reach. Her eyes sad with worry, but this time it's worry for me not fear for herself.

"Yes you are. Go." She says looking toward my open cell door. "Dimitri!" Her chocolate brown eyes grow wide with confusion. "The keys, he left them in the door."

"Yes, yes he did." I smirk as I step closer to her, reaching my hands through the bars to her. She takes my hand, her features questioning everything. "Are you ready?" I ask, cocking one eye brow.

"Ready for what?" She asks warily.

"The start of our new life together." I say with nervousness itching at my skin, my heartbeat rapidly growing with every silent second that passes. I know there is a chance she won't go, that she'll choose to stay. I just hope it's a small percentage.

"Yes." She says firmly squeezing of my hand and flashing a very mischievous grin. As quick as I can I spin around grabbing the keys from the cell door and open her door. She runs into my arms and I hold her in a tight embrace.

"I love you." I pull away from her looking into her deep brown eyes, I grab her hand "Don't let go." With that we head to the main door.

Peering around the corner I see Mikhail next to the door. I quickly raise my arm and punch him square in the temple. I catch him as he fall unconscious. Laying him on the ground we step over him and look around the room. About half a dozen other guardians are present, but not a single one moves toward us.