Chapter 33 - 40

Chapter 33 – The Plot Behind the Matches

The commoner students who had a strength comparable to Yan Xingtian gathered to discuss their strategy. Then, they began enacting it.

On the other side.

"Haha, those lowly idiots, they seemed to have realized." Within the group of aristocrats, a tall and thin youngster with fair and clear facial features spoke. On his expression, he had a mocking smile.

This fair faced teenager was evidently the center of this group of nobles and had a fairly high status.

"Senior Brother Yalin, do you need us to do anything?" one of the noble students asked.

"No need." The fair faced teenager, Quan Yalin, shook his head. He said, "Just follow our original plan. These lowly commoner scraps, apart from Yan Xingtian, does not amount to anything. Haha, as long as we control things correctly, by the time these challenge matches are finished, not even one commoner will be left on the list of ten! Haha!"

"Senior Brother Quan's wisdom is indeed profound, we can only admire you!"

"Haha, with Senior Brother Qin's strength to hold our position, and adding to this the schemes of Senior Brother Quan, we will definitely humiliate this year's commoners!"

"That's right, those commoner scraps, they dare to think they are equal to us, they really don't want to live... they are only a group that has and always will be lowly servants!"

The surrounding nobles, unceasingly flattered Quan Yalin.

The lips of Quan Yalin, curled in a vain and haughty smile

He came from an average noble family and his cultivation talent could only be counted as slightly above average and was not shocking in any way. As a result of this, he was not in the list of ten at the start and did not hold much of a position.

But his mind was extremely agile and conniving, specializing in schemes and plots. Some of the things he did attracted Qin Wushuang's attention. Later, using Qin Wushuang's trust and position, he slowly emerged and aquired a role similar to that of a strategist. His prestige gradually rose, and now he was one of the leading figures of the nobles.

This time, the plan to deal with the commoner students through the challenge matches was also made by Quan Yalin.

He valued this scheme extremely highly.

This was unquestionably an opportunity for his prestige to rise to new heights.

In truth, this plan was not all that devious or clever. But this plan was a straightforward and frank plot; even if those stupid commoners saw through it, what could they do?

After all, in the first year, nobles held the absolute advantage in terms of quantity and quality. Even if they saw through it, they had no way to retaliate and hence no way of changing the outcome.

"Oh, that's right, Senior Brother Quan, that Ye Qingyu, do we still have to keep an eye out for him?" a noble student suddenly asked.

In these days, apart from Yan Xingtian, the existence of Ye Qingyu was like a thorn to them, stabbing into the nobles' heart. Especially after when Ye Qingyu defeated Xia Houwu and Liu Lei, their precautions against him had never diminished.

"That person..." Quan Yalin was silent for a moment.

He had a strange feeling that he could not see through Ye Qingyu. According to his previous judgement, Ye Qingyu could definitely place in the top twenty. But for some unknown reason, he had fallen so many places...